Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at the body on this 5500 :)

Does anyone know who's body it is looks pretty heavy duty.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
WOW, thats a gorgeous truck, best looking 5500 I have seen yet. :shades Bright red and shiny wheels, what more could you ask for? Well 4wd would be nice. ;) Only one picture?? What a tease you are. As far as the body goes, I think the guy who owns the truck, thats his body. ;) Mike :D

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Cat, I went to the link and checked it out. Its a 2004 so Im assuming its brand new and never been used yet. The price is only $42,124? Does that sound right?? Im wondering if thats with the body or not? I thought a dump truck of that size would be much more money, like $50k-$55k. Maybe Im wrong or is that truck a stripper model? I see nothing about it having air conditioning. Maybe cause its not 4wd, thats why it seems like a reasonable price? :confused: Mike

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I see the A/C, and the dual tanks, which is nice. All it says is that its a 9' dump. I'd click on that little yellow phone icon, it lets you send them an email. they may be able to give you more info w/out too many strings attached.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Duhhh on my part. I went and looked again, I now see where it says AC. The first time I read all the options, I must have skipped right over it. :confused: John, does that price seem cheap to you too, or is it just me? Im thinking if it was 4wd, it would be alot more money. We will see how much the prices goes up when the 4wd 4500-5500s come out. ;) Mike

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
It seems a little low, but then again, we are comparing it to a 1ton or smaller, which would have many more creature comforts. I think that is about what my Uncle paid for his 03 2500HD D/A Ext cab, Long bed, so I suppose for a 9' bed, and a fairly bare bones truck, its about right. I'm gong to go look at some 45/5500's tomorrow, I'll let you know what the prices I find around here are.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That price seems about right. I saw a 2003 leftover C4500 (duramax and auto) with a 12' landscape body (solid grain sides, curb side door) right before x-mas for 32,000. It really goes to show what a "bargain" a pick-up is these days.

That truck is basically what I would like to replace our oldest HD3500 (the one with the wing). Too bad it is the wrong color.

MIke, not to beat a dead horse, but don't be afraid of plowing with a 2wd truck, at least one of that size. My father has plowed with 2wd trucks since I was just a twinkle in his eye. We currently plow with both of our HD3500's and love em'!

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's sounds like a good price...those are nice looking trucks!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
We run a Chevy 4500 and have not had many problems without the 4wd. I always said that I didnt want a truck without 4wd but last year we needed to replace a truck quick in the middle of winter and this truck had it all. It has worked awsome so far. It is a big block gas, Allison Auto transmission, 11' Rugby dump body, trailer package with brakes and hitch plate, snow plow prep package, AC, and tarp and roller set up. This truck we got at the dealer for about $32k. That is a real good price and it has worked awsome so far we put a 10' Fisher MC plow on it a 5yd Downeaster Sander and a good set of tires and have not gotten stuck with it at all. I would definatley consider one of these trucks we use it all year round and my guys like it better than the one tons, better visibilty, better turning radius and it is just a nice truck to drive. Just my two cents.

www.schmidtlawncare.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts