Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I am new to this site (first post:))

I am going to buy a new plow (first one btw) and am looking hard into snoway. I have a 99 3/4 ton reg. cab (hd model new body style). My local dealer has me getting an 8' 29 model.

What do you all think about snoway?? I like their features other than blizzard it seems like the only new technology out there?? I have used westerns at work without many problems... Whats your opinion??

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Welcome to the site.

The Snoways are great plows,the downpressure is great for back dragging and scraping.they are a little lighter to,so it's easier on the truck.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'll second Chris' recommendation. I've owned two of them and found them to be good plows. Nice and light and they lift nice and high for stacking. Downpressure is an added bonus for driveways and for hardpack. New wireless controller would be a nice feature too.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I would not go with the wireless controller though,they have had a lot of problems.Sucks when you cannot control the plow.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The local dealer was telling me the wireless controller was great:confused: Also what does the new snoway mount look like when the plow is off??

I take you guys aren't having any trouble with the frame on the plow and its durability?? I like the fact that the moldboard is replacable. I also like the down pressure option and the fact the plow is lighter than most and should be easier on the truck..

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
The wireless controller may work well now,but what about in the long run ? Better off with the wired controller.

The snoway mount isn't too bad,but it does stick out some.It sits up higher,and is cleaner than most other mounts on the GM's.

I did have a few structural problems due to bad welds,but they were easily rectified.The newer ones do not have any problems with the welds.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I would think he would be pushing the new 32 series (what I would buy) instead of the soon to be phased out 29 series

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think he has any 32 series plows in stock?? I could be wrong though. The installer was telling me the 32 was a monster;) I may have to roll in and ask some more questions I try to never make a decision without being informed and perhaps this late in the season he may give me a deal on one??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
buying snoway again

Wyldman would you buy snoway again?? When its time for a new fleet of plows?? IMO that would really tell the story.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Howdy guys, I have had good luck with my snoway v-plow, I have used a western and it was ok, like the simple mounting and the fact that the lights and pump all come off, the sub frame hangs down a little but not as bad as others I have seen, the V works well in all areas, especially when the job has some deep snow or you got some nasty curves on a grade, the V lets you navigate easier and blow a fast hole, also floating a wing to keep from dumping a lot of snow in the driveways as you go by makes for happier customers, I'd buy another.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I own a sno-way vee plow. This thing is awesome. No problems except for what I have caused on my own. The best thing about these plows is the down pressure. I also run a backplow,,which really elimates the need for a down presssure plow,, but I like it so much that I still kept it.

Blade on:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Re: buying snoway again

Robo said:
Wyldman would you buy snoway again?? When its time for a new fleet of plows?? IMO that would really tell the story.
Yes,I highly recommend them,and would buy them again.

Maybe I should tell the whole story.I bought all 4 from a company that was going out of business,they were already a year old.They came off of S10's.They were originally only 6.5 ft.

I put two on my S10's,and two on full size Jimmy's.I have extended them to 8 1/2 ft,and abuse them commercially.

I have broken a few things (mostly our fault),and just recently had a few minor hydraulic and electrical problems.

Here is a pic of one of the Jimmys in action.

I can take more pics of the mount later if you wish.

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Robo said:
I don't think he has any 32 series plows in stock?? I could be wrong though. The installer was telling me the 32 was a monster;) I may have to roll in and ask some more questions I try to never make a decision without being informed and perhaps this late in the season he may give me a deal on one??
I went and looked at one and it was a beast, but it is the same height as the boss superduty and the blizzard. IMO the 32 series curvature would make a good light duty road blade

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
couple of things

First off thanks for the replies the information IMO is just what I need to buy a plow.

Earthscapes
Did they cut your plastic valence on your bumper to install the mount?? What sort of ground clearance does it have compared to the western mount you used to have?? Also this appears to be sno ways newest mount is it?? Does the plow hook and unhook easily/quickly??

Nate
From what I can understand the 29 series is their commercial "pickup" truck plow?? The 32 series is basically their small dump truck style plow mostly intended for municipalities?? The smallest 32 plow is 8'6" wide (that is big:eek: ) the weight difference is not that much between the two. If the price is negligable I am not against the 32 as the bigger the plow the more snow you can move...more money bla bla bla ;)

Wyldman
Nice to know you have done nothing but abuse them and they keep coming back for more. The fact that you would buy them again is really a testimony to their product.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
price??

What is a good universal price to pay for these plows were talking about?? Wondering if my dealer is inline with everyone else??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BOUGHT IT!!

Well folks with all the snow we have gotten and are getting I decided to bite the bullet and get a plow!! I got the snoway 8' 29 series plow. I have plowed 2 drives and like it so far. My own drive was really heavy packed with snow from the previous events we had and the down pressure scraped it nearly clean ;) I wonder about the springs on this plow as they seem to trip somewhat easily might have to try it some more before I draw a conclusion on them or maybe they need to be tightened a bit??

Also the installer and owner of the place I bought it from claim they have never seen a chevy truck carry a snowplow better than mine. It hardly even squats when you pick it up (I know the plow is light by comparison). Whats even more odd is the installer said the torsion bars aren't even turned up?? I don't know if they were or not I know the guy that had it before me had a plow on it for a year or so. He said they didn't turn them up?? Either way the [email protected] thing rides like a tank so I think they have been turned up. It does have the plow prep package so maybe its just the heavier springs/torsion bars on it.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Tightening up the trip springs will help.I tighten them until you just start to see a very slight gap between the coils.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yo Robo........ sorry for not responding. My computer crashed and i have been so busy plowing ...i just got it back up and going. Nice to see you made the choice.

btw....i installed it.
1. no i did not cut the valance....just pushed the frame into it.
2. never had a western on anything but my 90' ...they both sit about the same.
3....???? maybe it's off an 02'
4. less than 2 min. if i'm in a hurry ..........plow has been on since Jan 11th.....hmmm then again we have got over 50 inches of snow since the 11th........

Later
keith

1 - 20 of 23 Posts