Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 30 years of plowing had the trannny let me down while working ( wasn't plowing, salting) put it reverse, bang crunch crunch, no reverse only 1st forward. It's at the tranny shop, thank goodness there's no snow in the immediate forecast, being New Years day owner said leave in front of the door, and will have it back and running by Monday if everything goes well. Funny he asked if it was a Dodge Diesel 1st, was a little surprised it was a V10, just because they're rare, but didn't ask what make , ie I expected a question like what make of truck, not is it a Dodge diesel and what year? I thought that Dodge Tranny problems were a bit of an urban legend,
:nope
Oh well 2004 can only get better:rolleyes:
Happier New Year to everybody

Bill:drinkup

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Bill, the ford are just as notorius for blowing up.....

I have a 4r100 sitting at the tranny shop for "when" mine goes. Tranny shop (friends) say I can have it in and out in under 24 hours...

Should start putting money down on that.....

Howard

·
Registered
309 Posts
chtucker said:
Bill, the ford are just as notorius for blowing up.....

I have a 4r100 sitting at the tranny shop for "when" mine goes. Tranny shop (friends) say I can have it in and out in under 24 hours...

Should start putting money down on that.....

Howard
Howard,

You ought to send that spare 4R100 down to Brian at BTS and have him "do it up" :D You will never have to worry about it again and the difference in plowing is night and day!!!

And another thing. Your Tranny guy should be able to swap trannies in about 2 hrs.;)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris,

126000 kms, the sun gear let go took out the planetaries, replacing torque converter, check valve, etc, etc.:headwall

Bill

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'd loan ya my truck but i've seen pics of your plow:eek: Your on your own buddy:D LOL!Just kiddin,hope your back up and runnin soon:cash

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
2 hours if he doesn't have any other junk in his way:D

I have been contemplating the BTS tranny too. should have done it this past summer.

Greg what is your take on the Banks Trans command?

Bill good luck on yours..

Howard

·
Registered
309 Posts
Howard,

I had a Banks Transcommand on the truck for about 2 years. It was ok if I was running the truck with no chip. Firmmed up the shifts nice, but thats all it does. It doesn't change or alter the shift points or the TC lock-up. After I put a Transgo shift kit in my stock tranny, the shifting got a little more firm, but was still bearable. The last 6-7 mos. I had the Transcommand on the truck, I had it disabled because the chip I was running basically did the same thing(increase line pressure). I do believe though that the Transcommand helped my tranny last as long as it did. It had 102K mi on it when I drove down to BTS. Of coarse, Brian took the Transcommand off ;)

The difference in plowing between the stock 4R100, even with a Transcommand, and a BTS is really unbelievable!!! There is absolutly no delay when shiffting from forward to reverse and when you put it in gear, you know it!! I know there are some BTS owners in CO. Try asking the question over at TDS. If there is someone close to you, maybe you could go for a ride and see for yourself;) If the spare 4R100 you have is a fresh rebuilt, Brian will work out a deal with you and it would only cost $1800-$2200(which includes the Triple disc TC) as oppossed to $3400-$3800. You can just send it down to him while it's out of the truck, he'll do his thing, and then send it back to you. When you get it back, have your tranny guy install it and you can sell the tranny he takes out to recoup some of the cost(because you won't need a spare anymore!!!!) ;)

PM me if you would like and we can talk on the phone about it:D

I will put it to you this way. I have spent many thousands of $$$ adding goodies to my truck(chips, turbo's injectors, stereos, tv's ect). If I had to give everything back except one thing, that one thing would be the BTS!!!!!:grinz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts