Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always forget that this truck is really considered an SUV. 1993 Blazer Sport (K-5 basically). Put a new engine in last season, timbrens on all 4 corners, Meyer C-8 with E-60 & Pro-Wings, and a Trynex SP575 spreader on the tail end. This truck kicks butt in the snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only on start up after stopping to take pictures of the big pushes ;) I usually have 25 or so bags of salt in the back, and my new Cooper Discoverer M\S tires pretty much make it unstoppable. Sometimes I have to take smaller bites than the real trucks, in heavier snows, or for real long runs. Once the windrows are piled up as high as the windows I either have to punch some perpendicular holes in them, or leave them for one of the bigger trucks (or a loader for big storms) to finish up.

·
Registered
866 Posts
While not as new as yours- or running as big of a blade- I must say that my Blazer is also pretty unstopable as well! I used to plow with a suburban, but I like the Blazer better due to the shorter wheelbase. Much easier to manuever around in tight spots. I also think I am going to rename it Sherman- as in Sherman tank!! LOL! It was just unstopable when pushing over 2' of snow after the last noreaster we got!

Here's a pic in action

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice!!! Amazing what can be done with these little trucks sometimes.

What year is that one?? My first plow truck was a 79 Blazer, and equally unstoppable... well, until it caught itself on fire & burned up LOL! omg :wah During our 28"- 34" with bigger drifts Blizzard of 96 Lived up to its title, which made for losts of good jokes for my friends & family I guess :rolleyes:

·
Registered
866 Posts
It's an '88 with a 350 TBI, 700R4 Transmission. The 350 only has about 4500 miles in it and rns great!!!!

It's had some problems this year- but nothing that I can't handle yet. I need to replace a u-joint in the front driveshaft, but other than that it's doing great. I am looking forward to may more storms throughout this season.

Bill

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
For a while many years ago I plowed with an 89 Full size Bronco . The only advantage was the short wheelbase . THe drawbacks ....THe front end was flimsy and less visibility . It couldnt handle a plow timbrens or not . It started becoming fixed or repaired and rusted daily . I got tired of repairing got rid of it a long time ago

·
Registered
445 Posts
cnypropertysvcs said:

I also think I am going to rename it Sherman- as in Sherman tank!! LOL! It was just unstopable when pushing over 2' of snow after the last noreaster we got!

Bill

Bill, not quite true...LOL

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
My first plo truck was an 88 blazer. Kept it from 91- 95 and then got a different truck.
What happened to the front tire and rim.
Dino

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well since he really thought it was a tank, he left those 2 items at the last account & kept on plowing!

Bill in the middle of the big storm:
"what happened to the automatic tracks??" :beatsme :confused:

:nodd

·
Registered
866 Posts
THANKS JOE!!! You SMART A$$!!!

LMAO!!!

After 20 hours straight of plowing I was on my way back from an account I do in the "north country" moved over to miss the town plow and when I moved back- BANG! no more front tire- sheared all six studs off! But This was also after hitting a deer at three am and after rolling him up in the blade rning over him- that might have had somethign to do with it. Joe came down and helped me out with my commercial accounts, and then after we both had been up for 28 hours straight- I crashed for an hour and went out and tore the hub apart and put the new studs in. took me 3 hours with hand tools in the parking lot of the fire station and I was up and running and back out plowing. I have had to do some other repairs- but I run it hard and I know that with it being an '88 things are going to break. I can fix them and keep on going though!!

ANYWAY..... After that I have had no problems opening up some places that had 2' of snow and cleaning up after the other storms we've had.

Bill:burnout (hope I don't loose any more wheels!!!!):grinz :headwall

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.