Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a 2001 Chevy 1500 Z71 with about 45,000 miles on it. It's in need of new pads/rotars all the way around. He's debating on the type of pads/rotars to get for the truck. It doesn't do plowing, but does at times pull a 14' enclosed trailer for personal use and for longer road trips.

What type of pads would be recommended. I guess there are steel, ceramic and other various composites. He will do the work himself. I'm not much of the mechanic, but I told him I'd post the question since you guys know what you're talking about. I'll just share your comments with him before he orders anything.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Any good brand name Bendix\Wagner\Raybestos rotor will work well.Stay away from parts store or white box brands.

Performance Friction carbon metallic,or fleet duty metallics would be best for his application.I find the quality and performance or most ceramics vary too much from brand to brand,or vehicle application,so I hesitate to recommend them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I use only Delco pads on my GM trucks. I have tried other pads and they all seem to squeak too much. It is my understanding that Delco makes 2 different lines of pads. For my last set I got the better quality ones and they did seem to last longer. In my opinion I think it is worth a few $ more for the Delco pads.

Ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts