Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey kids! I went to hook up the boss 8' straight blade. Pulled truck up connected wiring, turned on controls, put in float and pushed smart switch to hook the rig.to.the.truck. instead of lifting up the pump assy it angle the blade right. Didn't have time to mess w it. Looking for ideas. Fluid is good and plow ran fine when it was pit away in spring.

Thanks for info and ideas!!
Be safe out there !

·
Registered
398 Posts
Either:
#1) someone took the hoses off and hooked them back up wrong to the fittings at the top of the manifold, such as during routine maintenance

#2) wires came off of the valve manifold behind the cover and someone screwed them up putting them back on

You should be able to push the tower up by hand if its in float though it might not work if either of the 2 things above happened since it'll keep the cylinder from actually going into float

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the hoses were not messed with. Wiring is going to be.my first plan of attack. (Snow and ice today in Cleveland, so had to get a few trucks ready and no time for diagnostics) just trying to get an idea because I've.never seen the smart switch do anything except lift or lower pump housing, or not work at all! Haven't been able to find anything with this kind of issue on line, so figured I'd ask other pros for input!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts