Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question! thank you in advance for answering. I have a boss snow plow, it sits outside for the year, I went to hook it up last week and plugged in the controller and the 2 wires from the truck to the plow, I have no power what so ever. Controller won’t even turn on when it’s plugged in. I’m thinking it is the 13 pin connection because it looks very worn but how can I be sure before ordering it ?

·
Super Moderator
939 Posts
It the ignition on?
Did you turn on the controller
Some have a small switch

and have you heard installed a new battery?
( loose or the connection wasn’t reattached

·
Registered
16 Posts
quick question! thank you in advance for answering. I have a boss snow plow, it sits outside for the year, I went to hook it up last week and plugged in the controller and the 2 wires from the truck to the plow, I have no power what so ever. Controller won’t even turn on when it’s plugged in. I’m thinking it is the 13 pin connection because it looks very worn but how can I be sure before ordering it ?
There are a few possibilities. You could have oxidation on the connectors. If you clean them up with a small wire brush and try to reconnect and make sure it is pushed all the way in. Second check is the controller should have a light lit when you first start the truck so if that is not the case then you have a power problem (fuse or loose connection) or it is the controller. And the controller does have a switch to turn it on so make sure it is on. The last possibility is the motor but that would only be the case if the lights were working (there is a switch in the cab to use the plow lights instead of the truck lights). My guess is the connector. They do sell a kit you can buy to replace it but you will have to cut the wire and splice each line. They also sell a new cable which would go all the way to the controller.in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are a few possibilities. You could have oxidation on the connectors. If you clean them up with a small wire brush and try to reconnect and make sure it is pushed all the way in. Second check is the controller should have a light lit when you first start the truck so if that is not the case then you have a power problem (fuse or loose connection) or it is the controller. And the controller does have a switch to turn it on so make sure it is on. The last possibility is the motor but that would only be the case if the lights were working (there is a switch in the cab to use the plow lights instead of the truck lights). My guess is the connector. They do sell a kit you can buy to replace it but you will have to cut the wire and splice each line. They also sell a new cable which would go all the way to the controller.in the engine compartment.
ok thank you very much I will get the connector fixed and hopefully that does it !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hand Finger Material property Thumb Electric blue

Hand Gesture Finger Automotive tire Wood

so I see I can buy it for around 60$ for each side and just have to cut the wires and put them back together but my question is do you think I need to replace both sides or just the plow side ?

·
Super Moderator
939 Posts
If you wanna have a temporary fix you can use a small finishing nail , put it in where the pin was and crimp down where the female side was a little bit and then wire tie it togather and I’ll be a temporary fix

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you have no power to the controller then that is your problem. Find the power source to the controller that has fused ignition power. If the controller doesn't power up, nothing will function at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts