Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[so] I picked up a pretty clean Boss RT1 a weeks ago, mounted it on the truck, wired, replaced a hose, added fluid, and it won't lower.

I didn't have the blade on it when testing, but had a 5 foot cheater chained to the lift boom and couldn't move it. Drop solenoid has power. Ram will move down when I crack the line.

Does anyone have adjustment information for the solenoid block, or any information on these at all? I know it's old.

Chained up to move it.

The Boss underhood pump behind my old Meyer 47 pump.

The old Meyer setup with broken welds in the blade.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Is the coil getting magnetized when commanded?
Did you remove the valve and inspect it?....did you try and operate the valve in the coil to see if it moves?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not yet, all good things to check. I'll check those things asap.
Ok, Got into the valve body. Pulled all the solenoids, operated them on the bench, cleaned and reassembled. Same thing. Lowers a little under pressure with a 5 foot bar chained to the lift boom. When I release the wings the boom raises a little.
When I got this setup, the pump and valve block that mounts under the hood was connected with two pressure lines. The previous owner had them reversed... The pump was pressurizing everything, and return was dead heading against the motor. Swapped the lines and it raises and drops fine. I'll connect the plow and wings tomorrow.

Any chance this motor was running backwards?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts