Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm relatively new to plowing and I've been shopping around for a new plow. I like the fact that the Boss and Snoway do not use a lift chain. Which plow is better or which is the better deal? I'm looking for a 7 1/2' straightblade for a 1/2 ton chevy.
Thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
chevymann, I own both plows and they are both good, I would recomend going with the Snoway on your 1/2 ton because it weights a little less plus it has the down pressure feature.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I don't have an opinion on either plow, but I do have an opinion!!

Don't rule out, select, not consider a certain plow because it does/ doesn't have a lift chain. I may be about to find out differently, but I have no complaints about "chained" plows. I now own my second plow that is lifted with a chain. When I was shopping blizzard, that was a HUGE selling point for the guy I was talking to. He said "it doesn't bounce all over the place like a chain-lifted plow" HOOEY!!!!! My plow hardly ever bounces, and neither did my 7.5 Pro plow either. The only time my 7.5 acted up was when I had just installed a new (stiff) rubber deflector, and drove 65mph into a 30mph headwind... it kinda got lifted up to the stops. I think I've seen Mike 97 SS mention that he chokes the chain down far enough to transport the plow up on the stops for stability.

that said, I believe snoway and boss are both excellent equipment... in my inexperienced opinion!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have both SnoWay's and Boss V's. I do not have a Boss straight blade, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I ever thought I need/wanted a straight blade again.

For your half ton, the SnoWay is a nice choice because it's light and the down pressure is a big plus, particularly when you're plowing residentials. As for Boss, they are very well built and they are quick (atleast the V's are, so I would think the straights are as well). My V's hook up very easily, much easier than the SnoWay's. I take my Boss plows off my trucks regularly because they are so easy to take on and off. If the straight blades are just as easy (I don't know), than maybe this option is worth considering.

Each has it's own pros and cons. I don't think you could go wrong with either, depending on what your priorities are for the plow.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Although i cant really comment on the snowways becuase i have never used one i can safely say i love my boss strait blade it moves fast comes on and off the truck fast... it is well built... and if i were in the market for a new plow i would definatly but another boss plow...

·
Registered
660 Posts
The "Tightness" while transporting a NON-Chainlift plow is wonderfull!!! There are no other words to describe it.

I would never buy a plow just because of its lift system, but the BOSS that I have is very well designed with its lifting system. It lifts HIGH and QUICK.

It wouldn't be too hard to add down pressure on a BOSS either. Add double acting cylinders, and another valve and hoses, and you'd be set!

HMmmmm...! :shades

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.