Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st has anyone else have the plow disconnect from the push bar? New plow installed by dealer. First time I plowed with it the right side came disconnected, dug into ground and bent the A frame. (40 years of plowing never had anything like it) Boss could not come up with a reason, dealer gave impression it was my fault. Never crossed my mind that that could happen.
2nd Just got a pair of shoes for the now repaired plow. In order to have the wings at the same height at the ends the one side takes the large spacer that comes with the shoes plus 4 washers, the other side could not use the spacer and only used 10 washers. Boss has not got back to me if this is normal. Seems to me something is cockeyed, but I was told dealer should make any adjustments but that is how the plow was put back together at the dealer.

Just wondering if anyone else has had these problems, or is it just my bad luck?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
1st has anyone else have the plow disconnect from the push bar? New plow installed by dealer. First time I plowed with it the right side came disconnected, dug into ground and bent the A frame. (40 years of plowing never had anything like it) Boss could not come up with a reason, dealer gave impression it was my fault. Never crossed my mind that that could happen.
2nd Just got a pair of shoes for the now repaired plow. In order to have the wings at the same height at the ends the one side takes the large spacer that comes with the shoes plus 4 washers, the other side could not use the spacer and only used 10 washers. Boss has not got back to me if this is normal. Seems to me something is cockeyed, but I was told dealer should make any adjustments but that is how the plow was put back together at the dealer.

Just wondering if anyone else has had these problems, or is it just my bad luck?

I cannot say I ever seen the plow disconnect from the push bar by itself. And the plow does sound out of whack from the shoe arrangement you are talking about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts