Snowplow Forums banner

Boss 7ft 6in on a tundra

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Rich 
#1 ·
Morning everyone! Ok I may have to head to some snow plow forums but thought I'd ask here too. Does anyone use there tundra for plowing? Right now we have a boss 7ft 6in super duty on a big ram 2500 and it's a dream to plow....but the damn thing keeps breaking down, it's a 2017 and just keeps having problems that are not related to the plow. We have all new king suspension and it's setup exactly how it should be. Plows like butter but it's just to many trips to the stealer ship and we want to change it all up.
I guess the question is there anyone here who has a monster plow on there tundra? This thing is a beast and it's what the county uses on there big rigs....
Would love to hear how well it has or hasn't worked out for u. Oh and we are at 9,000ft pushing 4ft of snow regularly.

#7 · (Edited)
Get an 8’ MM2 Fisher Stainless Steel plow blade, when I got mine it was only $500 more than the steel 8’ plow and the blade won’t rust out on you. I’m using one that I had on my 2016 F250 now it’s on my 2020 Chevy 1500 plow prep package with no issues at all. If your running a tundra 3/4 or 1 ton it’ll handle it no problem ! My 1/2 ton handles it just fine granted I’m not plowing a 2 mile driveway but… you’ll be fine. FYI I put a strap from upper triangle to plow to keep it in place on unlevel ground so I can remove it and put it back on In literally a minute. Check out the video

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.