Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 900 bobcat (105hp) with a 10' or 12' sno pusher be able to make 300 to 400 foot runs across a parking lot on a 2 to 3 inch snow fall ? Is it safe to say that the prodution rate with this equipment would be two times better than a truck w/8' plow ?

Many thanks,John B sima member #500

·
Registered
38 Posts
John,
That SSL will be able to handle a 10' or 12' pusher. In heavy snow you might need to take smaller bites. Just remember....if you go to make a turn, 1/2 your pushing power is now braking.

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John...I had to think about it for a second...but I got it !!
Plans are to cut in with the trucks so the box can make stright runs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was going to ask the same question, I'm thinking about an 873 Bobcat (or similar ) with a 10 foot pusher for the larger lots. Its hard to change from the normal mind set - truck/plow and try new things.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'll tell you what guys, if you can get into a bobcat (let me go rinse my keyboard off :D) or a front-end loader, the time goes down drastically. In the near future i hope to be using only 2 plow trucks but all the rest of the equipment be bobcats and loaders. Yes, the 900 series would handle the 12' blade fine. My 262 (comparable in size) does extremely well with one. TurfPlus is right, take smaller bites if the snow is deep or wet. You will still have the advantage of getting done faster. I think a truck can really shine with V plows on very long runs when put against a containment (box) blade. But the plows (or boxes) on heavy equipment is something KC (Kansas City) is going to get more and more into because the time change, manuverability, speed and width is something property managers are looking for. They, in turn, are prepared to pay more to have onsite equipment at the contracters disposal. Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts