Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having a problem with the decals coming off their new 810 Blizzard's, I only have 2 storms and some smaller snows from the last 2 or 3 weeks . The plow is brand new, bought this fall and of the latest design from Blizzard. This is not the end all of problems and if it's the only prob then I can live with it. Other than the decals no problems with the plow itself. Just wondered if this is an ongoing problem with the plows.

Bob:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
I know that Jay ALC lost his decals and ProSno lost a few chunks of his too. I think that the glue on the new decals must be a little different than the old glue. Either that or somthing in the paint finish isnt allowing them to bond properly.

Jay

·
Registered
66 Posts
My friends band new blizzard has lost all its decals in the first strom.

Got to be a problem with the decals

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well at least it's not just me. Like I mentioned above not the biggest prob in the world . I might call Blizzard on Fri see if they have a solution to this prob. The plow does look better with the decals on maybe try a new set who knows.

Bob :D :D :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
The red stickers on my 810 made it through the first night but the Blizzard Power Plow sticker is 95% gone. Must be a problem with the glue on the stickers. My dealer is getting another for me. The stickers on my 8611 are intact. Both plows were bought at the same time.

·
Registered
140 Posts
lost a piece of mine in the first plow this year also.

My biggest problem so far is an annoying squeak coming from the plow somewhere !

Anyone track it down and stop it ? WE bought two and they both do it.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
diginahole - what is the 8611 hanging on ? and who is your dealer out there ?

I'd love to take a look at it. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Glue on the stickers is defective Blizzard Corp is ordering new ones to replace them in a few weeks. At least thats what I was told.

·
Registered
34 Posts
wyldman,

My 8611 is on an '03 Chev C5500. It handles it well with a 2500lb mafia block on the back. The mount hangs a little low though which causes the wings to lift off the ground whan angled forward. I think adding 2" blocks under the suspention will fix it. Blizzard Corp seems quite interested in getting some pics of it, I think it may be one of the first to go on this truck. It was an unusually tough install and had some issues with remounting the bumper and the headlight adapters. I think there are differences between Canadian and American Kodiaks and TopKicks.

My dealer, Direct Landscape Supply in Oshawa has been great about solving the issues and I have every confidence that they will make sure that I am nothing less than satisfied with my Blizzard install.

I don't get out to the west end with my big truck to often but if you are out this way sometime let me know, I'd be more than happy to show you my rig. In the mean time I'll get a picture up. The truck is at my yard now, but next time i'm down there I'll get a few shots of 'er.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
answer

sand and gravel every time . Do I get a prize? :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
I spoke with Jerre and Blizzard and received the same answer. They had a bad batch of stickers from the MFG who supplys the stickers, and yes they are going to replace them if you go through your dealer. My original 810, now two seasons old, still has its stickers and my new 810 lost almost all of the stickers on it the first storm.

·
Registered
258 Posts
2 plowings with my 03 and the powerplow sticker is 90% gone and the wing stickers are there but on the way out. It bothered me a little until I put the corner of a square man-hole cover THROUGH the mouldboard and took out the steel piping on the wing cylinder. It's funny how a 6" gash will stop you from noticing the stickers coming off.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Matthew Bowman said:
2 plowings with my 03 and the powerplow sticker is 90% gone and the wing stickers are there but on the way out. It bothered me a little until I put the corner of a square man-hole cover THROUGH the mouldboard and took out the steel piping on the wing cylinder. It's funny how a 6" gash will stop you from noticing the stickers coming off.

is it for sale??? i can give yeah 1226 cash for it right now lol J/K

·
Registered
258 Posts
No, she's all fixed up now - couple hours with the welder and now awaiting some fresh blizzard stickers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts