Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The end of the last snow, I was having sporadic problems with my Boss RT-II V-Plow blade not lowering. It would work fine for 2 hrs or so, then I would have problems for like 5 minutes (won't lower), then fine again for another 15 min to a half hour or two.

If I play with the wings a bit (jerk them in and out) it sometimes seems to help. This may however be a placebo effect? :rolleyes:

I don't think its the control box switch, as I can leave the plow raised (but the switch is in the down position) walk away from the truck, and 20 seconds later it'll lower all by itself :eek:

I also checked all electrical connections on the solenoids (gave them the good old fashoined wiggle).

I'm getting the feeling its either dirt floating around in the fluid, or its the solenoid itself going bad.

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Captn'

But my problem is sporadic. And as soon as I open up the cover and break out my Multi-meter it isn't going to do it.

Maybe I should just change the fluid. Heck its the same fluid thats been there since like 1997! I only ever changed it once. I figure... It's a sealed system, what can get in there?

I'm kinda leaning towards the dirt in the fluid thing. Since its so sporadic.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not sure if this helps, I have a 3 year old BOSS 8ft poly Smart hithch 2 that had an intermitent "no angle" but the pump still growled....well yesterday it was no longer intermittent NO ANGLE

BOSS trouble shoot book, all solonoids activated, fluid full, pump works still no angle ?????

The valve body ground is completed through the shaft the solonoids sit on, on the side of the valve box that pull the shaft for the valves. Jumped a ground wire to the bolt on the opposite end of the valve box and it is fine. I think it just had a weak ground and the solonoids didn't have enough juice to pull the valve. 8 hours of plowing and worked like a charm.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts