Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After last year we noticed increased wear on the drivers side of the plow. When we plow we are windrowing to the right side of the truck . When we clear most of our lots we split the lot in two, after 2 or three passes up the middle the truck is able to make the turn at the end of each pass then a simple matter of working the snow to each side . Hardly any backing up at all just a matter of cleaning off each end. We are generally moving in a clock wise circle. Just wondering if anyone else is noticeing this wear pattern.

Bob :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
It sounds pretty typical of a steel edge. Mine did that last year, but on both sides, as I windrow different directions in different lots. Check that your a-frame is level with the ground, that will help increase the life of the edge, as would running feet at the same height as the edge.

Perhaps a U edge is in your near future? They are supposed to last 4x longer than steel, and they aren't supposed to wear that "smile" into themselves.

Dino and Garagekeeper both sell Urethane products, MPT and Superior, respectively. Shoot them a PM or do a quick search for more info!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I think it's just the way it will wear no matter what edge. When the plow is angled the side that is pulled towards the truck will wear faster that the leading side of the plow. I started plowing for the town as a sub and ended up always having the plow angled to the right causing wear on that side more than the other. I think that the side tucked towards the truck see's more snow load that the leading edge causing the increased wear. It would take awhile for it to happen but it will happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.