Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't taken a measuring tape to it, but my maximum blade lift looks to barely get me over a low curb. I've got the 8'6" V on a '04 GMC 2500HD with timbrens and I've adjusted the torsion too.

Conversely, my '04 Dodge 2500 retrofitted with my C-8 Meyers off my old '89 GMC gives me enough blade lift that Mini-Me from Austin Powers could walk under the plow without scraping his bald head.

What gives? Is it normal for the V to carry that low? :confused:

·
Registered
622 Posts
On the a frame were it conects to the lift fram the is 3 holes ( 3 on the left 3 onthe right) Witch hole are the pins in . Top, middle or bottom? Also is the A frame when fully up hitting the lift fram? If not, the lift chain should be shorten. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
905 Posts
If your looking at it while it's in the "V" position,then yes it may be low,with some trucks there's a little give and take,you can shorten your chain and raise the blade,but you loose "slack" in the chain which allows the blade to dip or drop off irregular surfaces while plowing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Those plows will be low on the GM vehicles. That same plow on a Dodge or Ford would have plenty of ground clearance. There is a little bit of adjustment built into the assembly but it still will be a little low on that truck. A combination of IFS and low ride height to start with.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I'd have known about the low lift and ride height on a GMC. I could have put it on the Dodge...or gone with a different plow altogether.

Anyhow, my front tires were only at 50psi so I filled 'em to 80 (along with the rears) and that has helped some. At least now I'll be able to barely clear a low curb.

Still not pleased with the fiddling and fussing required to get the plow on. It better plow like a dream when the time comes is all I gotta say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts