Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Western wide-out plow that i would like to switch cutting edges on. Does anyone have any info on the replacement edges that Jerre's service has. I am looking for a non-steel edge for the main plow, does anyone make a non-steel edge for these plows? I plow residential driveways only and would like to put a U-edge on the plow if possible.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
We have replacement mains and wings in Urethane. The wings are thicker than the stock and have a built in curb guard as well as being reinforced for long life.

J

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thats the bad thing about a few "select" dealers like Jerre, I'm sure there are a few others that have his knowledge, etc, but by & large after being in this business for as long as I have now, going to a couple SIMA symposiums, & I went to an open house near Toronto this year. It makes the normal or average dealers a true disappointment, we get in excess of 100 inches here a year...good luck getting a part other than normal 7-5, monday thru friday...unless NAPA or TSC carry it.
This is NOT a dig at Jerre or the few other "Exceptional" dealers out there, but a compliment & a statement that all dealers should strive to be like them.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I have heard that UPS moves edges (and,other parts) from Erie to various places in the US, including the midwest. I have also heard that a number of midwesterners make regular pilgrimages to Erie. Hence the Erie Express.

I have also heard that others on this forum make similar trips.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have heard that UPS moves edges (and,other parts) from Erie to various places in the US, including the midwest. I have also heard that a number of midwesterners make regular pilgrimages to Erie. Hence the Erie Express.

Yep, i have gotten several edges from him UPSed. I need to order a few more now that im thinking about it.

·
Registered
42 Posts

I have seen these pilgrims arrive at thier destination!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After talking with Jerre I will most likely be heading his way come next spring to retrofit my 2006 Silverado and wide out. I will be purchasing his U-edge this fall and hopefully his wing edges as well. Heck of a nice guy, its fun talking with someone who has a huge passion for the industry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts