Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how many are tracking this storm but i think we all are gonna get some action out of this one , the temps are dropping like rocks with this storm major artic air. We are into advisorys for tomarrow night into monday with major snowfall amounts predicted, i always get this feeling about storms and this one i really just have a gut on plus there is back to back storms pushing from the west , i think all of us by next weekend are gonna see some action midwest, eastcoast. Iam preparing for a mulity day plow in all of my time plowing when my feet itch we get major snow and they are itching something fierce.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We are forcasted for 4-7inches on sunday. Cant wait. This will be my first plowable event! YEA!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Fred,

I hope you guys get hit real good, I am spending the day cleaning up the truck, and doing some minor things that need to be done. The national weather service says that we have a 60-70% chance of considerable snow from Sat. night until Wed. or Thurs. I would like to see alot, we were out 6 times in Dec., but the most we had was 3 in. Plus, I just put new tires on the truck, and I want to give them a real good test run.

Good luck,

John

·
Registered
485 Posts
Pickering Snow said:
Iam preparing for a mulity day plow in all of my time plowing when my feet itch we get major snow and they are itching something fierce.
You might want to ge that itch checked out....it could be your feet telling you something else:eek: :D

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Pickering Snow said:
when my feet itch we get major snow and they are itching something fierce.

Gold Bond Foot Powder ;) It works wonders.

As for the snow............. I have been monitoring Accuweathers 15 forecast closely and the pattern looks to be interesting from late next week onward. CCCCold temps and a lot of chances for snow up in this neck of the woods.

Jay

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Ken,
that will be real nice.
I just saw your 3500 dump at the roosevelt mall.Do you have that contract? It was parked next to a F-700 crewcab with a plow and spreader.

·
Registered
199 Posts
That would be GRRRRRRRRREAT. No I don't, One of my guys is using it while his truck gets repaired. Good looking out! I get a lot of calls telling me they saw my truck. I pass that along to the men so they know that big daddy's always watching:shades

·
Registered
93 Posts
I believe this is all the same storm I am watching that is going to hit us tonight, 2-4 tonight, 1-3 inches tomorrow so somewhere between 3-7, I guess from what they say. The amounts keep getting adjusted of course. I wish everyone good luck on this one and hopefully those that haven't got to plow yet, see some action. :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks Jay!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey Ken,

When are we getting 6/8...............I already put my plow away. blowers & shovels are back in the shed. Changed the oil in my lawn mower and put new line on the weed wacker.

;)

Mark

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yep, here we go... hopefully more that rain here in NW ohio.

Temps 41 as of Sat eve. 6:23

:(

How cold is it getting north of ohio?

·
Registered
596 Posts
There's a flood watch in Southwest PA for tomorrow (Sunday). Could get as much as an inch and a half of rain, but the high temp is going to be in the 50s. It's not supposed to get cold until Monday night, but by then there are only flurries in the forecast.... :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
HEY!! Send some to CENTRAL Illinois!!!!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
CLEWSWCLE
WWUS41 KCLE 040232
WSWCLE

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CLEVELAND OH
922 PM EST SAT JAN 3 2004

OHZ003-006>008-040900-
LUCAS OH-OTTAWA OH-SANDUSKY OH-WOOD OH-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BOWLING GREEN...FREMONT...
PORT CLINTON AND TOLEDO
922 PM EST SAT JAN 3 2004

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY EARLY SUNDAY THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING...

LOW PRESSURE MOVING UP THE OHIO VALLEY SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT WILL
SPREAD WINTRY PRECIPITATION ACROSS NORTHWEST OHIO EARLY SUNDAY
MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING. A MIXTURE OF SNOW...SLEET AND
FREEZING RAIN IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP TOWARD DAYBREAK...CONTINUE INTO
SUNDAY EVENING AND CHANGE TO ALL SNOW.

BY THE TIME THE SNOW TAPERS TO SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS LATE SUNDAY
EVENING...TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION SHOULD RANGE FROM 3 TO NEARLY 9
INCHES. IN ADDITION...AREAS OF SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN WILL ALSO
OCCUR LEADING TO ICY ROADWAYS AS TEMPERTURES SETTLE NEAR THE FREEZING
POINT.

STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO AND OTHER LOCAL MEDIA FOR FURTHER
DETAILS OR UPDATES.

$$
ADAMS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OHC095]

I hope we dont get much, I am moving all of our stock from one warehouse to another this weekend

·
Registered
357 Posts
Lets see, Monday, high of -1, but of course, now snow:( (flurries on Sunday night, but that's it) Oh well, at least we can get some ice fishin' in ;) Good Luck with this next storm guys:cash

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Just looked at the weather reports. They are calling for 4 to 8 by Monday morning. Along with some freezing rain and sleet. They say it all depends on the track of the storm.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You boys in Central Il been hogging all the snow for the last 2 years, don't you think its our turn;) By the track of it I think you'll get some.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm looking for just 2-4", a nice easy push, still get paid, no headaches from 8+", and much less wear and tear on the equipment. You guys can keep the 10" , I'm happy with 4"!:cash

1 - 20 of 24 Posts