Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, guys I hit a curb pretty good and broke the bolt on the pushbeam on the drivers side. This also twisted the push beam.

Any ideas how to straighten this. I have checked with two fisher dealers and they say it is no longer available. It is for a late 80's early 90's dodge conventional mount Speedcast. Fisher part number 1513.

I don't have a shop press. Do you think this could be straightened with one? If so how big of one?

Any other suggestions on trying to straiten this thing. I was thinking of bolting up the drivers side leaving the passenger side low. Then bolt up the passenger side but leave the bolt a little loose. And then use a floor jack and try and push it up and straighting it.

Anyone know of anywhere that might have a used one or a new one sitting on a shelf. It is about 26 7/8 inches wide. The fisher information said it was 27" wide.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
I'm not suprized that they aren't available by Fisher:mad:, but I bet someone has one somewhere.

There are a bunch of fisher dealers around that may have one on a shelf, but not for nothing, I have one on the shelf, brand new for a 8' plow on a '82 GM.

Get me your measurement from end to end, I'll see if it's the same. If you want it I'll work something out with you as I don't need it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not suprized that they aren't available by Fisher:mad:, but I bet someone has one somewhere.

There are a bunch of fisher dealers around that may have one on a shelf, but not for nothing, I have one on the shelf, brand new for a 8' plow on a '82 GM.

Get me your measurement from end to end, I'll see if it's the same. If you want it I'll work something out with you as I don't need it.
I looked up on the fisher web site and it gives the same part number for 80's GM's so It should work. Fishers site says the part number for both is 1513 and should be 27 inches. So it should be the one I need.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nite, if our other plan comes together, I've got a frame rack and plenty hydraulic rams, I am sure we could mend it.:wink
That sounds good. I am going to call him tomorrow and see about putting a deposit on it. I have to go to Grand Rapids tomorrow night. Will not be able to pick up until next week.

·
Registered
96 Posts
1513 is still available as a service part. It is in stock and could be shipped same day from the factory if ordered by your local Fisher distributor.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This pushbeam is available form fisher for around $200.00. If anyone has one who would like to let it go let me know. Two guys on here said they had one but are not answering my pm's so I guess they don't want to let them go. If I don't hear from anyone by Monday I guess I will go the dealer and order a new one.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Sorry, been busy. Just got your pm, I'll pm back in a few, trying to catch-up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, guys I hit a curb pretty good and broke the bolt on the pushbeam on the drivers side. This also twisted the push beam.

Any ideas how to straighten this. I have checked with two fisher dealers and they say it is no longer available. It is for a late 80's early 90's dodge conventional mount Speedcast. Fisher part number 1513.

I don't have a shop press. Do you think this could be straightened with one? If so how big of one?

Any other suggestions on trying to straiten this thing. I was thinking of bolting up the drivers side leaving the passenger side low. Then bolt up the passenger side but leave the bolt a little loose. And then use a floor jack and try and push it up and straighting it.

Anyone know of anywhere that might have a used one or a new one sitting on a shelf. It is about 26 7/8 inches wide. The fisher information said it was 27" wide.
Sorry, been busy. Just got your pm, I'll pm back in a few, trying to catch-up.
I know this forum is very old but I found it when the same thing happened to me yesterday which bent the push beam. I looked for an aftermarket due to Fisher not making it anymore, nothing, but did find this forum.
So here's what I did: took the bent beam to a Big Truck repair shop, KDT in Augusta Maine and asked if they could straighten it. They heated it, put it in the BIG press and poof... straight as an arrow. 60 bucks for their effort. Just finished putting it all back together. All is well and ready for the snow that's coming.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I know this forum is very old but I found it when the same thing happened to me yesterday which bent the push beam. I looked for an aftermarket due to Fisher not making it anymore, nothing, but did find this forum.
So here's what I did: took the bent beam to a Big Truck repair shop, KDT in Augusta Maine and asked if they could straighten it. They heated it, put it in the BIG press and poof... straight as an arrow. 60 bucks for their effort. Just finished putting it all back together. All is well and ready for the snow that's coming.
If it fits, good, but it should be plated, as it is weaker now.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
you will need extra support is required. I think you might want to double the frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts