Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I clipped the corner of a tree with the top portion of the moldboard frame, while plowing a circular driveway. I didn't think I had done any damage to the plow at the time, so I never got out of the truck to look. After my route was done, I noticed that the moldboard frame was bent back about 2" back.

Any suggestions on how to repair it!

Chuck B.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
There are 2 ways to do it.

1) Chain it down,and use a come along to pull it back into shape.You may need some floor anchors,like the body shops use,or something strong to chain it down.

2) If it's lexan,remove the blade,and use a porta power or a bottle jack to push it out.Go between the shoe mounting bracket an the corner gusset on the top edge.

Consider adding a steel brace (both sides) from the corner gusset to the shoe bracket to prevent it from happening again.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bracing, sounds like a good Idea!

It was not that hard of a hit. Just kind of hit in the wrong place at the wrong time. There was no way to stop the transfer of weight, when the plow made contact with the tree. The truck kept the momentum going in the direction of the tree while plowing in a circle!

Chuck B.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts