Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I bent the cutting edge And Base angle on my MVP Plus v plow. I used it this way for 2 years, however I just ordered a cutting edge and am Leary about mounting it to s base angle that’s not straight. Any advice ? Straighten while on truck? Remove and take to machine shot? Please advice
985E11DF-54DF-4E30-8BEE-7740BB6DBA79.jpeg
1DEB289B-A909-4BCC-8D82-82AC3BEFBF05.jpeg
45613D06-124E-485B-8682-FC0326E3B785.jpeg

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I think your best option is take the entire trip edge off and see you can not straighten it with a hydraulic press. However, you have to be careful of stressing the material as you will work harden the piece this way. It might be more effective in the long run to replace the trip edge with a factory new one.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You would be surprised how much the cutting edge will bend to fit. You can get the new trip edge, but how bad is the mole board bent?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
You would be surprised how much the cutting edge will bend to fit. You can get the new trip edge, but how bad is the mole board bent?
with the correct amount of heat and pressure it can be done. The question is what sort of stresses you introduce into the material. But you make an excellent point about the moldboard being damaged as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mold board seems fine but the base angle is pretty bent. I swapped the other (good side) edge over nd tightened bold but that did not straighten anything. I most likely will try to find some way to remove springs then have machine shop use press to straighten metal. The new 5/8 cutting edge is too nice to mount to bent parts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
how bent is it? I am curious if you will damage the welds of the mounting Brackets for springs and other things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It’s not terribly bent just the outer edge. Yes my concern if once everything gets straightened if it will still fit perfectly.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
well once you get it off you should be able to determine if it is actually possible to straighten without damaging brackets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts