Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Director of Comedy
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had temps of 5 degrees yesterday and snow. I didnt notice the difference so muh as when I came home from the shop and seen these two pics side by side. Just look at how filthy my truck was before wash job and then after

Attachments

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Director of Comedy
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now heres after washup

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
the dirty pic looks about how my truck did before i hosed it the other day...

·
Registered
243 Posts
With the weather we are having now I am afraid to wash the truck.I may hand wash it tonight as long as I can let it stay in my heated shop overnight.

Normally as soon as the plow comes off and the roads are dry I go directly to a car wash and have them do the undercarrige aslo,

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
WOOWSERS Billy I didnt realize there was that much salt on there either.

Butttttttttttttt its not going to stay clean for too long.

MORE SNOW SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay

·
Registered
333 Posts
snowplowjay said:
WOOWSERS Billy I didnt realize there was that much salt on there either.

Butttttttttttttt its not going to stay clean for too long.

MORE SNOW SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay

MORE SNOW SON???

i just watched the weather and they said a snow SHOWER up to an inch in the north west hills.

as for washing i have to take the plow and light rack off in order to fit in my garage at home.my shop garage doesn't have a water supply.the house garage is better.its heated with cable TV lol.

·
Registered
979 Posts
That is how my truck looks like right now. Actually mine is completely white, that is after travelling at 70 mph on a wet and heavily salted highway for two hours. It would take me two full washing cycles to really clean it up!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Bill, looks perfect in the second picture. :shades The first picture is about how my truck looks right now, nasty, but thats how you know you worked it, when yo ucome home and it looks like total crap. :D Mike :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I know what you mean. The only problem with the truck I plow with is that it has strobe lights on top which are higher than the cab. Ideally I would really like to take the truck to a drive through car wash that does the bottom of the truck after EVERY snow fall. Here are some pics of the truck after HALF A RUN! http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/displayalbum.php?&userid=82572&albumid=7792 I guess the only thing I can do is take it to a do it yourself car wash and spray the crap out of it. I would like to do a better job than what I know I can do but oh well.

-Matt :canada

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
washing

Has anyone tried Mr Clean Autodry yet .

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have not yet but am really excited to try it out when I can wash my truck/cars outside!

The best part is that it is garunteed not to leave spots:cool: :cool:

P.S. what happened to the spell check, i could have used it for gauruntee, LOL:headwall

·
Registered
415 Posts
I bought the MR clean the other day after hearing many good reviews. I'll let you know how it works once it gets a little nicer out. Its a PUR filter for rinsing the soap off it supposed to eliminate the impurities that leave spots. Bill whyd you take off the protective coating?? ;)
Eric

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Id also like to know how that stuff does... it looks like it could be pretty cool...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Is that the Mr. Clean stuff they are advertising on tv right now? The commercial looks way too good to be true.
But let us know!

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
autodry

I know if you go to their website that will send out 2 - $ 5.00 off coupons . I think it is www.autodry.com

Tell us how it works if you use it soon . I am interested

·
Registered
13 Posts
What is the price on the Mr Clean? Who is selling them? any of the big stores?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I requested my coupons! I've seen them at Advance Auto, Autozone, Walmart, etc. They seem to be selling pretty fast too!

·
Registered
57 Posts
WOW!

And I thought they use way too much salt here!

Looks nice clean!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I bought the AutoDry and its worked very well. It cost about $20 at advanced auto. As with all products I have some complaints. First the unit came with very little starter soap and a very limited use filter so i burnd through them with in two trucks. My other thought was this, the flow rate of the gun was poor at best. Would love to get more soap/water on the surface quicker, but i guess ill have to make do. Overall i like it and it did dry spot free.

-Nick

1 - 20 of 24 Posts