Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure where to put put this, so I posted it here and figured chuck would move it to where it should be. I'm considering a new liner for my truck bed, I have the standard plastic insert now, but really don't care for it. I'm leaning toward a spray type rhino liner, but don't know anyone who has one or much about them for that matter. So my questions are. Are they worth the money? Will they hold up when sliding pallets or other type of construction products and equipment in and out. what should I look for and consider? What thickness should I look for and if I go with the tinted type does the color go all the way through ?Fire away people:huh

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
I do not have one but a friend of mne does and he loves it but he does not use it for anything but driving.He has a line-x which seams to be just as good if not better than the rino. as far as color goes i have heard it will cost more and will fade depending on what one you get with any of them . If you go to www.line-x.com it will show and explain there product.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
They are very durable, make sure the person applying it has a clue. It is difficult to slide items in and out . The opposite of the plastic where everything not tied down skates around

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have two trucks with Rhino lining. It's a great product. It holds up well to abuse and keeps things from sliding around. If I want to be able to slide heavy loads in and out of the truck I just place a sheet of plywood in first. The color goes all the way through the material. I'm not sure how well the color last as both of my liners are black.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I had a liner sprayed in this winter I think its a Rhino liner I can't remember. Its really thick and has so far held up really good. I was worried how it would hold up to the 1/2 yard of salt/sand mix in the truck, but so far it is holding up.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have my Chevy bed sprayed with Rhino Linings and I have nothing to complain about at all. They provide excellent protection from moisture, salt, scratches, etc. I have thrown in a few stuff in the bed and it does not hurt the linings. However if I were to slide something heavy and rough, I'd put something on the bed like a tarp or cardboard just to take precaution as not to scratch the lining. Appearance is really great, the surface is fairly smooth but not slick. Very satisfied with Rhino Linings product.

Attachments

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
John D had his truck sprayed with Rhino just 2 days before we went to Erie. I was really impressed at how well it stood up to our working in the back installing the Sidewing. Some steel got dragged and bumped, but there was no damage to the liner. Seems like a hot ticket, I was impressed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had my sonoma rhino lined 2 years ago to match my truck... It faded alittle but other than that it was good.

I now have a plastic bed liner on my truck, personally I like to be able to slide things in and out easily so I prefer the plastic one for working and the rhino for personal, daily driver use.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
I have the slide in linner and i have plywood down because the ribs are so deep and narrow all the dirt and stone I was putting in there was getting to be a pain to get cleaned out so basicaly i got a linner to plywood over it what a waste.My old '85 p/u never had anything in that and I put alot od stone ,dirt and mulch in her and she still looked pretty good.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have a liner in my Tacoma - already thinking ahead (someday) to my purchase of a F250 and to get a liner or spray-on or just leave alone. I moved about 4,000lbs of debris last week including a ton of cinder blocks and cement. I can't see a spray on liner holding up to cinder blocks or rocks that I sometimes haul. I can just imagine what living under my liner now, i'm afraid to look.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have Arma-Coat spray in liner in one truck and Line-X in another, both have held up great, but I like the hardness of the Line-X better. Also thickness of the liner all depends on the person who does the application when you have it done it seems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Line-x brand liner in my truck and am very happy with it so far.

Much happier over the plastic liners i have had in the past

·
Registered
32 Posts
When my 01 Dodge came in to the dealership, I was looking for a spray in liner. I was shown to Advanced Auto parts where I bought the "Bondo" brand system. It comes complete with catalyst, small rollers and brushes. Cost was $69.00.. It is as good as any Rhino lining I've seen. There is one major drawback and that is after it is applied, it cannot get wet (even a drop) of water for three days. For me it didn't matter as I kept the truck in my garage for two weeks anyway, (switching plates at expiration date).. That Bondo do it yourself roll on system has held up to unbelievable use and I have not one complaint. I will do it myself on the next truck, same as this one.

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
I have the Line X one, the guy who did it did a fantastic job.

I also had him do over the bed rails, down the back of the bed and same for the tailgate. They also did around where the tailgate closes to on the bed sides, and down in the stake pockets, cost me an extra $55 ($475 total *$420 for over the rail*) but money well spent.

I think I will put a rubber matt down when I put my spreader in so the bolt heads dont dent the bed.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
BUY THE LINE-X and don't think twice!!

I'm on my second linex'd truck, and it is a mandatory bit for me from now on. My F350 has plastic guards around the bed, but if I could do my chevy again, I'd have done the rails- no question! Line-x is tough enough that it won't chip, snag or cut like rhino does- especially when its hot out. Not even the moron running the lift truck at the salt plant can beat this stuff up... and believe me- he's tryin'!! Great stuff... love it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have the Line-x spray in liner in my truck. I love it, takes a beating and holds up very well. Not to mention that they have a lifetime repair warranty. They put in on very thick and took out all the inside tie downs and covered the threads and put them back in after they sprayed. It came out great, I would get a spray in over a drop in every time now.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
drobson did you get it in willmington on andover st? How did the line-x run installed?

·
Registered
302 Posts
The dealer did it before I bought it (used at 128 Ford), but I think they had it done in Wilmington. I told them I didn't like the drop in liner that was in the truck because of the cutouts for the inside hooks in the bed. I think it runs about $400 or so, but not positive.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Willowgrove is only about ten minutes from my house. I leaning toward the Line-X now

1 - 20 of 21 Posts