Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck didnt sound like it really wanted to start this morning it was only -10 celcius here overnight. I think its the battery but it shouldnt be its only a year old AC Delco. Should i take a volt metre and see what the voltage its at with the truck off and cold.

What should the volt's be if i take a multi tester to it ? The green eye looks a lil dimm and distant. Would it be under warranty, i bought it from Price Club.

When truck is on the metre in the truck reads 14volts

What else could be the problem ?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Best way to check it would be to have the system load tested, it could be the battery, or the starter, how many miles are on your truck, I assume its the original starter. I have seen one or two that just get tired after about 6-7 years and need replaced. After that, they seem to crank much better. It could also be a bad connection on the starter/solenoid.

·
Registered
445 Posts
What weight oil are you useing in your truck? at that temp. you oil may be to thick.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
You really need to have the whole system checked out,there are way to many things it could be.

bad battery
cable,or loose\corroded connection
alternator
regulator
starter
parasitic draw,or something left on
mechanical defect

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'm with Chris, have the whole the "whole" system checked out!
It's alot more cost effective to repair the problem then to be guessing and hanging a bunch of parts that you may have not needed to replace.
:rolleyes: John.............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts