Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I recently purchased a Peak wireless camera from ebay. Have yet to install it. Fred mentioned he had good luck with them. I got the 3.5" model for $70. Peter Beering will hopefully chime in. I believe he had a wiper fluid washer setup for some of his cameras.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Trying to get a better look at our pull plows. Anyone use backup cameras while plowing? After market units are my only choice; recommendations? Any tips on keeping them clear of snow? Thanks.
Hi Ron
I have been using them for 3 years now, have saved my butt more than once. First one the cable connect correded even with FF sprayed on it. The one I bought now came from www.rearviewcamera.com It has a waterproof connection have had it 2 years now and no problems. You can hook up more than one camera with their system. Ran about $200.00 if I remember right.

Good Luck Mike

·
Registered
352 Posts
I just got mine from www.rearviewsafty.com It is a 7" screen with a heated camera. I got the idea from someone on here. I wound up getting 3 cameras, 1 to even go inside my salt spreader :D This way i dont have to worry about them fogging up, i have had a few before and they all fogged up when i tried to use them. So hopefully this will help this winter.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi Ron
My first unit came from RV cams, was great expect for the camera connection rotted right out in a little over a year even with FF. My next and current camera came from rearviewsaftey.com much better connection for the camera. With that said if RV cams have changed the connection they use I would not have a problem buying from them again.

Mike

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Hi Ron
My first unit came from RV cams, was great expect for the camera connection rotted right out in a little over a year even with FF. My next and current camera came from rearviewsaftey.com much better connection for the camera. With that said if RV cams have changed the connection they use I would not have a problem buying from them again.

Mike
Depends which camera. The Voyager cameras have a sealed plastic connector with double o-rings.

I have another setup from them that uses a different connector, but no issues with it either.

of course all mine swim in :ff

·
Registered
103 Posts
maelawncare .... went to the site but could not find the link to the b-u cameras ... especially the heated ones .... maybe you could elaborate the link please .....Thanx....

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thank-you for the fast reply ! .... I have already called them and asked all of the generic stupid questions ....LOL .... just can't beleave that the only cable available is 60' long ...... arrgg ..... gotta figure out where in a Bobcat to put the extra 50' of it ..... going to mount it on the roof of the machine to monitor the snowblower deflector when loading trucks .... what I have to figure out is 1,2, or 3 cams , we'll see how far the piggy bank will stretch ....

Thanx again "maelawncare"

·
Registered
103 Posts
Took delivery of the B/U camera system today ....... its the one with the heated cameras, and 7"color monitor.... will be installing tomorrow ..... did the dry run as manufacturer suggested and .... WOW ! ..... now I just have to make it all fit in ....LOL :grinz

·
Registered
103 Posts
B/U Heated camera system Feedback !

Happy New Year to ALL !

Well it's been over a month since installing the new "Rearview Safety systems" B/U camera onto my Bobcat A-300.
The heated camera and 7" monitor is totally awesome .... it has worked flawlessly and I have "ZERO" complaints or negative feedback about the package either ..... it was easy to install (the guy way----try to install 1st without reading the instuctions .... if all else fails read instructions .....LOL )
Gotta say it was pretty near idiot proof (I cheated a bit, had to check what/where the color wires went....) install was quik and smooth, only issue was where to fit it in the confined spaces of the Bobcat, once I decided where the rest was a peice of cake.
The infra-red lights for night vision exceeded my expectations, easily a 70-80' view rearwards in the snowy terrain, my impression is that with no b/u lights on it works better, probably because of the 7" screen being only 20" away from my face, it's not a problem, the monitor is just super efficient and clear
(no help is needed with extra lighting) it's just like having a good rearview mirror only better being illuminated.
I have put more than 100hrs on using it at night, and the same in day light too, pushing, bucketing, and with the Snowblower.
It's to bad that I never found out any sooner about this product and company, all these years of fogged up, iced up, covered in snow back windows, wrecked fences, whip-lash from the huge fir trees, just because the human neck doesn't work like an OWL (LOL).
I bought a second heated camera to mount on a 4-5' flip-down pedistal on the cab roof for when we load trucks with the Blower, that will be an asset to be able to load every cu. ft. of the box full without guessing where it's going, not to mention thru a store front window either ....$$$$ ... ouch. .... :rockon ....:D

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
so no pics of how you have it set up ?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Just an FYI, Auto Zone has their back up cameras on sale now. The wireless unit is $59.99 ($99.99 with $40 mail-in rebate). This is the one I purchased. They also have a wired one for $49.99 ($79.99 with $30 mail-in rebate).

Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
backup camera

Trying to get a better look at our pull plows. Anyone use backup cameras while plowing? After market units are my only choice; recommendations? Any tips on keeping them clear of snow? Thanks.
I recently bought this wireless backup camera system for my truck. very easy installation that monitor put into the cigarette lighter for quick power up and mounts the camera on the roof, no need to run cables.
brakelightcamera.com/product/7-inch-wireless-backup-camera-system/

1 - 20 of 24 Posts