Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
It's not leaking that bad,so you don't have to change it,just keep an eye on it.

If you do decide to change it,any good shop will be able to replace it.No sense paying the dealers inflated labour prices.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Torshion bar

Is this the torsion bar that everyone talks about.. The rod that is running from just under the door of truck to the front axle area ?

Anyone have better pics of it i cant find any online just test abou them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any good shop like yours eh Chris ? It doest drip out or anything and i am usualy crawling under the truck often enough to keep an eye on it.

Dont know any good shops in Mississauga. I used to Go to Firestone on Kenedy Rd he was a family friend. Diffrent owner now. I was at a shop today but he was all over the board about my delayed starting problem. Said it could be my fuel pump and its neads 60lbs of preasure to start minimun and thats a common problem on my truck.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
If it's not leaking that bad,then leave it.

That is the torsion bar in your pic,one on each side.They are like springs,but they twist instead of compressing.

The fuel pump could be your problem,but it's big $$$.Only use a GM or OEM AC Delco pump,as they aftermarket stuff is worth a crap.

It could also be the fuel pressure regulator leaking down,or leaking fuel into the intake.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So eventually it might just not start at all ? the guy said to me the fuel pump is the worst to change since its in the gas tank.

Since this happens intermitly should i wait and see if it gets worse. I guess worse is it wont start at all so i guess i just answeared my own question..

Would i have to leave the truck overnite or something for you to see if its the fuel pump or something ?

I thought it could be the starter motor but the local shop said that dont do anything but start the truck, well thats just it, it doesnt want to start right away it has a delay. Should i time it to see how long the delay is, if so how long should it take to crank over and start ?

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
If it is intermittant,it can be difficult to diagnose.If they can't nail it down,then wait till it gets worse.

Is it a delay in cranking ? or a delay in the engine actually starting (running) ?

Does it try to fire when it does this,or just crank ?

After it starts,does it run rough,or blow black smoke ?

If it tends to do it more after sitting overnight,then it would probably be helpful to leave it overnight,so they can test it first thing in the morning.

If it is the fuel pump,you must drop the tank to change it,as it's inside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts