Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with ASV rubber tracked loaders? As some of you know I have been testing different skid steers and trying to find a unit that will be turf friendly, high flow, and have two speeds. I also plan on mounting a Blizzard 8611SS on what ever model I choose. I have not tested the ASV RC-100 yet, but it looks like it will do everything a skid steer will do and more. They are also now offering a smooth track for basicly no damage to grass when turning. I know I would need two sets of tracks, 1 for turf, and the other for snow and mud.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I have the MD2810. Great Machine. I almost made the mistake of selling it a few months back. It was sitting idle for a while, but now we're making good use of it again. While I have not run the RC-100, my 2810 is great all around. Where other machines would not even attempt to go, the ASV has no trouble. Mud, snow, nothing stops it. We're going to be using it starting with the next storm at the mall we do. With the bucket and an 8' pusher box, it should be very effective. I have used it before to do after storm clean-ups, pushing snow back, moving piles, etc. and again, it goes with no trouble. It also climbs grades like no other machine.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
River Hill..

Can you climb the snow piles or whats left of them after you have knocked them back?

I saw some guys doing a pool instlation and they had to go throu a soccer field they had a huge CASE skidstear with track on it running from them backyard throu the field to the dump truck. Looked like allot of fun driveing that judgeing from all the mud it was running throu.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Have you thought about the Allwheel steer bobcats... they might be turf friendly but wouldn't know because I have never tried one. But the allwheelsteer concept and being able to switch back to skid steer mode is a plus. And there are 2 speeds. Just a thought:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I have looked at the the A300, it is a very nice machine. I guess I am still trying to decide what benifits a skid steer would have over a track machine and vice versa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts