Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I live in the NE and I was wondering what you are hearing about this weekend, there might be a chance for snow. Im ready I have this new Boss plow and havent even used it yet I cant take it any longer I want some snow, BAD. Well let me know what you have caught wind of, thanks alot.:headwall

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
i dunno for your area but it looks like we have some ontap for this weekend...:cash

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I might get a little if I behave myself.

·
Registered
392 Posts
oH Boy Jason are you itching bad!! lol. The best I've heard is chance for snow on sunday. 30% right now. Philly stations saying 1-3. But then they said rain snow mix. I dunno. The way they've been predicting this year I'm just waiting till 2 min before it happens. Last week really grinded my gears! 3-6" and got barely a dusting. Talking about snow showers for tomorrow. So we'll see. If you run out of stuff to plow let me know I can probably put you to work,depending on how much we get. I have the bug bad too but the season has about a month left. getting down to the wire. I've already got 2 new contracts for hotels in Dover and the owners house in Quail. Almost done thinking about snow. Did I just say that out loud?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Brian yeah Ive got the itch bad, just finally got all my insurance squared away 2000.00 ouch but it covers everything. Yeah mine shouldnt take that long to complete so I might call you for some work, also finally got my u-edge on.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
calling for some nice lake effect over the next few days... :cash

·
Registered
133 Posts
Plower737 said:
oH Boy Jason are you itching bad!! lol. The best I've heard is chance for snow on sunday. 30% right now. Philly stations saying 1-3. But then they said rain snow mix. I dunno. The way they've been predicting this year I'm just waiting till 2 min before it happens. Last week really grinded my gears! 3-6" and got barely a dusting. Talking about snow showers for tomorrow. So we'll see. If you run out of stuff to plow let me know I can probably put you to work,depending on how much we get. I have the bug bad too but the season has about a month left. getting down to the wire. I've already got 2 new contracts for hotels in Dover and the owners house in Quail. Almost done thinking about snow. Did I just say that out loud?
This season only has a month left???? I was thinking Two!!!
Don't give up yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cash

·
Registered
392 Posts
Roblandscape wrote:
This season only has a month left???? I was thinking Two!!!
Yea our season down here ends about the end of Feb. Once in a while we get snow in march but very rarely ever. Who did you get insurance through? I have it through state farm and pay about $650 per year. 1mil. coverage.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got it thru Drass Ins. but I got coverage on the truck, plow ,trailer, tools and then G/L so it covers everything so Im good now not before thought but thats what happens when your business partner is so clueless!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Gary for millenium said 3-6 or 4-8 for this weekend. He said he'll put a total map out tonught or friday. We'll see. Trucks have been ready since Nov. Waiting......waiting.....

·
Registered
866 Posts
Only a month left in the season?!?! Geez we have snow right up to April- sometimes into the first couple of weeks in April!! In fact- here's the latest warning for our area right now-

WAYNE-NORTHERN CAYUGA-OSWEGO-
INCLUDING THE CITIS OF NEWARK FAIR HAVEN AND OSWEGO
514 AM EST THU JAN 22 2004

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING TODAY THROUGH FRIDAY...

BANDS OF LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL SET UP TODAY AND PRODUCE 2 TO 4
INCHES ACCUMULATION TODAY OVER WAYNE AND NORTHERN CAYUGA COUNTIES
AND 4 TO 8 INCHES OVER OSWEGO COUNTY. ADDITIONAL AMOUNTS OF 4 TO 8
INCHES ARE LIKELY OVER WAYNE AND NORTHERN CAYUGA COUNTIES WITH 6 TO
12 INCHES OVER OSWEGO COUNTY. STORM TOTALS BY THE END OF FRIDAY
COULD BE AS MUCH AS A FOOT AND A HALF IN SOME AREAS AND MAYBE 2 FEET
OVER THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF OF OSWEGO COUNTY. THE WORST PROBLEM
HOWEVER TODAY...WILL BE GUSTY WEST WINDS INCREASING TO 20 TO 30 MPH
CAUSING WHITEOUTS AND DIFFICULT DRIVING CONDITIONS.

Looks like I'll be out plowing! starting tonight and all day tomorrow! Anyone got any big fans- I'll share!!

Bill:burnout :cash :burnout

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CLEVELAND OH
337 AM EST THU JAN 22 2004

OHZ011>014-023-089-PAZ001>003-221600-
ASHTABULA INLAND OH-ASHTABULA LAKESHORE OH-CRAWFORD PA-CUYAHOGA OH-
GEAUGA OH-LAKE OH-NORTHERN ERIE PA-SOUTHERN ERIE PA-TRUMBULL OH-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHTABULA...CHARDON...CLEVELAND...ERIE...
JEFFERSON...MEADVILLE...PAINESVILLE AND WARREN
337 AM EST THU JAN 22 2004

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST FRIDAY...
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM FRIDAY...

ARCTIC AIR SPREADING OVER THE AREA THIS MORNING WILL CAUSE LAKE
EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS TO DEVELOP TODAY AND LAST THROUGH TONIGHT. BY
DAYBREAK FRIDAY...NEW ACCUMULATION OF 4 TO 8 INCHES IS POSSIBLE. IN
ADDITION...WINDS OF 20 TO 30 MPH WILL CAUSE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF
THE SNOW ALONG WITH DANGEROUS WIND CHILL READINGS OF 10 TO 15 BELOW
ZERO.

A WIND CHILL ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN A STRONG WIND WILL COMBINE WITH
COLD TEMPERATURES TO CREATE DANGEROUSLY COLD CONDITIONS FOR EXPOSED
SKIN. THOSE PLANNING TO VENTURE OUTDOORS SHOULD USE COMMON SENSE AND
DRESS WARMLY, MAKING SURE THAT ALL EXPOSED SKIN IS COVERED.

STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO AND OTHER LOCAL MEDIA FOR FURTHER
DETAILS OR UPDATES.

looks like it could turn into a good day for us here too
plowing! plowing! plowing!

·
Registered
392 Posts
you guys are soooo lucky!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Brian I saw you drive by the other day when I was washing my truck you should have stopped by when you get a chance you will have to come out and see the uedge I PUT ON!

·
Registered
392 Posts
well if your around after about 4 I'll stop by the house to see it. I have a doctors app. at 3:45. chiroprator so it won't take too long. Best I've heard is phiily stations saying 3-6. Gary is still hung up between 3-6 & 4-8. anything over 4" is fine with me. Makes it worth while.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have to leave here at 1500(300) and go fly a local yeah Ive been reading everything and Im hearing the same thing Im starting to think I dont have a life anymore except here, thats sad. Can you come out tomorrow? I also made a snow deflector up top man it was so easy. 15 bucks total

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm leaving to go to Pa. to visit Angie's g-parents and will return sun afternoon or evening. If we have time we'll stop on our way down. I'll call your cell to let you know.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I wouldn't say soooooo lucky- right now I'm at 28 hours with no sleep- have one more commercial to hit then I'm crashing for two hours- will have another 3-6" then and will have to go back out! I will have pics soon- we have gotten an average of 2 FEET over most of my coverage area- and some areas actually had 3FEET on the ground- sad part is it's still snowing!!!!! They are al;so calling for more lake effect next week- with an additional foot or so by 7pm today!! Anyone want a road trip?!?! I had to call in CNY Joe to give me a hand this am- got backed up trying to open the commercial accounts! Well, gotta go- just stopped at my dads to check the radar and use the restroom- sure beats a snow bank!!!

Bill

1 - 20 of 25 Posts