Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I run a 2006 f250 with an arctic 8.5 v plow. I had a 9 button controller with an up and down rocker in the middle for plow controls. Recently I purchased a joystick controller because I thought I would like that better. Once I pulled it out of the box I realized that moving the joystick up and down changes the plow from scoop to v. And there is a toggle switch on the joystick to blade up and down. I was hoping that up and down on the joystick would control up and down on the plow. I pulled it apart to see if I could change the wiring but it’s a circuit board. And I’m not that tekky. Lol.

Anyone else run into this problem? Or do people just run them that way?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hey guys, I run a 2006 f250 with an arctic 8.5 v plow. I had a 9 button controller with an up and down rocker in the middle for plow controls. Recently I purchased a joystick controller because I thought I would like that better. Once I pulled it out of the box I realized that moving the joystick up and down changes the plow from scoop to v. And there is a toggle switch on the joystick to blade up and down. I was hoping that up and down on the joystick would control up and down on the plow. I pulled it apart to see if I could change the wiring but it’s a circuit board. And I’m not that tekky. Lol.

Anyone else run into this problem? Or do people just run them that way?

Thanks!
I think you are going to have to run the joystick the way it is given the nature of setup.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Unless it's a direct replacement for an artic plow, it might not work. Different manufacturers use different pin configurations to operate there plows. What might be worth a shot would be a western v plow controller, but you would need to verify the controller functions of both plows

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. I could switch the wires after the controller and before the plug but There is a double click for auto up and auto down/float and those functions wouldn’t work then.

You guys are probably right. It’s probably easiest just to live with it

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Yeah. I could switch the wires after the controller and before the plug but There is a double click for auto up and auto down/float and those functions wouldn’t work then.

You guys are probably right. It’s probably easiest just to live with it
You would have to change a lot of the functions in the controller to get all of the functions back. Yes, it can be done but why damage a new controller and have no support for it? If you were an electrical engineer then you would have this in the bag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts