Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
No no no, there's only one ghetto truck. Ghetto trucks have to "blend" into their surroundings, like a junk yard, and that my friend, does not blend.

·
Banned
1,659 Posts
look at the torque numbers at 3400 rpms. lol and they think it will tow something? lmao.

that is really sad. the fenders aren't even flared. imagine the crap that will get thrown up. not even sure that is legal in all states.

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
One word say good bye to the paint down the sides of that truck. If that truck has a Sneaky Pete put under it 'hideaway wheel lift' its gonna max out its cap , Would only make a repo truck if it was hauling small cars been there down that with the 04 F350 didnt work.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
And here I was trying to hide my new truck from you guys...

Isn't a half ton a half ton, even if you bolt duals on to it? I can't imagine someone would commercially build this and assume the liability - building something that it clearly wasn't engineered to do.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
GMC Driver said:
And here I was trying to hide my new truck from you guys...

Isn't a half ton a half ton, even if you bolt duals on to it? I can't imagine someone would commercially build this and assume the liability - building something that it clearly wasn't engineered to do.

My thoughts exactly Dave,who is going to upfit and try to promote that truck when it wasnt a capable truck for the intended job(wheel lift towing).
In NYC about 10-15 yrs ago,there was a nujmber of short box 1500 GMC/Chevys with the sneaky petes in them that came thru one auction i was at.They must like the shorter chassis for manuverability,but a 1500 isnt the truck for the job,although these trucks were intact,they had built up spring packs,but they must have led a rough life for a 1/2 ton.

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
With a 6000lb rear axle rating... :haha :rolling What a bunch of idiots! Obviously they have no idea that RAWR has more to do with the truck than the tires...

·
Registered
43 Posts
If I was the DOT I'd revoke the person's saftey sticker and void his plate since he/or she has altered the design of the truck.

Just my opinion.

·
Banned
3,450 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
You wont be able to get it liscenced in the states....in order for it to be a legal vehicle it has to meet our crash test standards, GAWR standards, insurance institute standards, EPA regs....ECT....

you can drive it here with canada plates...but you cant own it here...

If you could get away with simply buying it across the border, i would be driving an 06 Ramcharger with a cummins...(only avalible in Mexico) ...................................... man do I miss the Ramcharger....:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts