Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if any one still has any thing major to finish up to be ready for the first push? Campi !!!! let it snow!!!!!:cash

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Nope Everythings ready just need some snow... let it snow let it snow let it snow...:D

·
Registered
445 Posts
The only thing I want to do is add a snow deflector to my Boss plow. I have already added one to my Snoway. Just need to get the cold air in place so we can get the lake effect machine going:D

·
Registered
609 Posts
shoot me an e-mail I can make you a screaming deal right now before prices jump again

oh and I still have some wiring to do on my plow

Attachments

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Nate

You need to put some rust inhibitor on that exposed lift cylinder on your cherry picker . it's all rusted :(

·
Registered
905 Posts
I've been to busy getting everybody else set up,i managed to find enough time sunday to put a harness on my truck and to be perfectly honest i'd be embaressed to let anybody see how i did my own:geez ,I'm a neat freak when it comes to customers trucks,i do every harness myself,the guy helping me doesn't even ask to do it,he knows exactly how i am,he comes in the shop,opens his truck mount box and goes to work.My poor truck:grinz The old girl looks like an electrical abortion gone bad:( Kind of like the way the dealer that installed my first plow years ago:D

·
Registered
609 Posts
that cherrypicker is less then 1 month old, [email protected] chi-tiwan junk I am going to try to polish it out with steel wool. avoid harbor freight cherrypickers or jacks, first lift with this one was that 800# spool back when it was 400' long and the boom broke, now it has a piece of 2½" schedule 320 black pipe it is almost ½" thick walls:D

my harness isint that bad, but still an abortion:shades

·
Registered
133 Posts
We still have cleanups to finish about a week, then have about one week of christmas decorations to hang at a bunch of commerical accounts, then we will be ready, or it seems that we are never really "ready" for the first storm. Just my two cents

www.schmidtlawncare.com

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nope im all ready for the snow and ice!Just got a new boss v put on one of dumps:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
tranny:( :headwall

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Kawdude

I say my prayers to the transmission gods . knock on wood . sometimes i think i need to have a new tranny ready to go, if needed .
I still have to wrap things up . Maybe this long weekend

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Better get to that tranny the snow should be coming any day now... i hope anyways... getting tired of waiting.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Need more time to repair the alternator.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I need to mount my salter, and I would prefer to do a fluid change on my tranny, but I can push snow right now, and I only have one account that is an automatic salt, so if I have to I can do that one by hand- small auto parts store lot.

Other than that I'm still doing construction work, and I'm forcing myself to go hunting on Thursday AM with a friend, my arm hurts I'm twisting it so much!!:D LOL!

The only thing I really need to finish before snow is one more roof- couldn't do it before due to rain or snow, and last weekend I had to pour 18yds of concrete for the customer since he couldn't get a mason to agree to a date and he needs to get his garage up. So it looks like this weekend will be throwing tin!

Bill
SPC Addict

·
Registered
445 Posts
Bill, you also have to clean out your PM box it is full...:D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AdamsPlowing, hows the weather differ from Erie,pa to where I live Pocono,pa, never been there? 3yrs here! rest of the time, in N.J.!! let it snow!!!!! :cash :cash :cash Campi!!! (joe)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
We usually get a crapload of snow thanks to that wonderful lake effect machine i think we had like 140 inches or somewhere around there last year...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I never used a snow deflecter, I think i will put one on this year, its gotta help, roll the snow, just a thought, we need snow!!:cash Campi !!!!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Adams Plowing- Sounds like you're trying to catch up to my neck of the woods- This year I think I will try and record what we get at my place, last year I think we got close to 200"!!!! Living off of the end of Lake Ontario Is GREAT!!! LOL!!

I look forward to another heavy year, and I plan on trying to grow next year!

Bill
SPC Addict

BTW Joe- It's all cleaned out now!!
Sorry:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
heh I put my order in for atleast 150" this year Hopefully we'll get it...:cash

1 - 20 of 49 Posts