Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Ive got a Dodge with the Dana 70 and I was looking to put a locker in maybe a detroit. What are your thoughts on this I now have a limited slip but I think a locker would do better, what are your inputs?

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Lockers are great off road,and on wet pavement,but aren't the greatest on ice.When plowing,it can make the rear end tend to walk out sideways,which isn't good.

If you really want the best stuff,go with an ARB.Then you can lock and unlock it as needed.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Both my plow trucks have possi. I love it, its great in the snow, and if one tire is on a slippery surface but the other has traction, it'll go at least. It does tend to spin out sideways when gunning it on the ice, but thats all part of the fun of driving in the snow:D

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I've got an Eaton limited slip unit in my rear diff. I wouldn't ever leave home without it (I might not make it back!)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Or, you could try an Eaton E-locker. They are the same as an ARB, only they are electric, not run on compressed air. Unlike the other electric locker, Detroit Electrac, the Eaton is actuated by an electomagnetic ramp that uses steel balls to lock the axle together. They use the same concept on Polaris 4wd ATVs, and it has worked flawless for me. They are about the same price as an ARB, and you don't need to buy the $200 air compressor.

Good Luck

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
I have the stock G 80 in y truck and I love it. I hardly use 4wd.
Dino

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I have the locker as well and it makes a big difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts