Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about purchasing a 29R this year, and wanted to see if anyone else has used them, or had any input on them, good or bad.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Pushed one last winter. Loved it, maybe the best plow I have ever used. Everyone who has one raves about it. This year they have new lights and lightbar, very effective and attractive.

I have one we have turned into a test bed. Right now we are working with poly wearedges and it is working quite nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks really sweet! I heard they had new lights this year, but I couldn't find any pictures of them. My local dealer plowed with one all last year and said the same thing. I was going to demo it towards the end of the season, but it never worked out, so I didn't get the chance. Does the new light setup run the same wiring harness as before? I currently have the EIS system.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yes same EIS system, same mount as the 29/32, same power cable.

Do you have the Pro-control? If not you need to make the control change. Go wireless they are VERY cool. The macro feature is nice, I have the "A" button set to raise the blade. With one touch I can have the blade raise to the height I set. If I'm doing a back and forth with no stacking I set it to lift about eight inches to save on everything including time at the other end. If I'm stacking or cleaning up entrances and corners I set it to raise all the way.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of my snoway's have always had wireless remotes. Last year I upgraded to the pro controller, and it is awesome, even on a straight blade.

Is there any difference in the 29R from last years model to this years, other than the lights and light bar? My dealer has a new one left over from last year and said that it would be about $700 cheaper than this years model. So if the lights are the only difference, I will probably purchase last years model.

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I finally bought one, now I will just have to wait impatiently for it to snow. Hopefully it will work as good as I think it will.

I also had some curb guards made so that the plow will not wear if I do happen to run along the curb.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't played with the macros yet, but I plan on setting them once i get the plow on some lots, and figure out what will work the best.

I had someone else make the curb guards, and they didn't do as nice of a job as I would have done, but they will function the same. basically it was just an old cutting edge doubled up and welded together, and bolted on. I would have followed the contour of the blade, and i would have drilled holes instead of just blowing a hole in it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see it's been two years since I asked this question, so I guess it's time for an update. It is by far the best plow I have ever used. I bought another one this year. It has been a huge time saver on commercial lots, but I have been able to cut over 50% on my residential drives as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts