Snowplow Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Another Week and No Snow

4K views 34 replies 27 participants last post by  Pelican 
#1 ·
I just looked at the forecast for the coming week. What do we have to do to get a plowable snow in Illinois (or just about anywhere in the Midwest)? We just took an overnight family trip to Indianapolis over the weekend and I was running around without a jacket!! The wife doesn't understand why I'm frustrated. :headwall

#3 ·
Im with you to man. I havent got to plow once yet either. I live right outside of the chicago area and this has to be the worse year ever so far. We always get our first plowable event in december. Last year we got 13inches already. This year we got only 1.5 inches in 4 diffrent snowfalls

#4 ·
Right now in Ct its 58 :eek: I like the weather but i rather be plowing making money but right now im taking out my front driveshaft to have it redone so no snow for a few days anyway. It suppose to be in the 50s for the nexted week and ahalf here:mad:

Rich:burnout

#5 ·
Things had started out here good, but then just stopped.:(

We had three storms in the beginning of december,all before the 15th and then we've had nothing after that.
Just rain.
In all i've had to make the rounds & plow 8 times this year.
Plowed everything 4 times in one 23" storm, three in one of 14+", and once in a small 3"storm.

Nothing in the forecast for awhile either.:(

Dan

#7 ·
From the Almanac (North East)

Temperatures from mid-January through March will be relatively mild. Snowfall and precipitation will be near normal, on average. After widespread snowfall in late November and early December, expect below-normal snow through January. February will be a snowy month, and early March will be marked by heavy wet snow, at least inland.

http://www.almanac.com/weather/region1.php

#8 ·
i have a few words for mother nature

wheres my snow you ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:D :headwall :headwall

#9 ·
Same here in NH. I'm off to Florida for a week of sun and fun. All set with drivers, shovelers, sand, salt, calcium. Cell phones all charged up, trucks are fueled, sanders loaded, and best of all, I gave the pager to the foreman for the week I'm gone....When I get back, there better be some snow to plow so I can ride the snowmobile around...

Good luck, stay safe

#11 ·
Green Grass

I'm about to get the lawn equipment back out. Got about a 1/2 inch of rain today, and the lawns are getting green. Haven't had much plowing thus far, just four salting events and another one maybe tonight as it going to drop down before day break.
Well, hope for snow in your resolutions !
Happy New Year All!!:grinz

Scott

#13 ·
Three plowable events thus far, I'm set for a week or so, I've got a bit of work ahead of me. Have to: replace sheared cutting edge bolts, flush plow on my truck (waiting for Angelos fluid to come), replace an angle cylinder hose and fitting, finish wiring up a new pair of fog lights, look into some diamond plate aluminum, fix my wheel-well rubber deflector flaps, among other things.

I'm just sitting back waiting for the checks to come in payup

#14 ·
I will give mother nature till mid Jan. If there is no snow by then, maybee we could skip snow all together! Heck, I collected all seasonal accounts already.

Maybee a couple of salting events per week would be nice!:D

Chuck B.

#17 ·
I heard something about that cold canadian air comming down to the great lakes starting next Tues.

That will help out the guys in the lake effect areas.

I also heard of a possible storm mid week next week, of course too early to tell where it will go but someone will get snow out of it.

#21 ·
Ted,
I myself do almost all commercial, which around here, no one can get them to go for seasonal contracts. More importantly it's not just the money, it's the enjoyment of plowing snow in general. :D

#22 ·
Ted
If you do not like snow why do you stay in snow removal? Try to get snow removal contracts on eastern shore of Md.! Not all of us Pray not to get snow and can make a living for not working! So for all of us who Love a good snow & enjoy getting out to Plow! You need to be selling insurance or is your main job!
Thanks Just my thoughts!

#23 ·
We also don't prefer snowblowers and whiskey over plows and heated cabs with coffee. Whatever toots your horn, I guess.:beatsme

#26 ·
chtucker said:
It doesn't take a truck....

You need a snowblower and...............

1-4" 1 flask
4-8" 2 flasks
8-12" 3 flasks
12"+ Bring the keg in the little red wagon

plowing!
And last but not least. A DREAM or IMAGENATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.