Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
everything around here is melting nicely . I am ready for another weekend storm .

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Well all of the 6:00 TV guys are going for the rain forecast, but the NWS & Gary Gray are biting so far, so that is good news indeed! Looks like another real difficult forecast to pin down with too much warm air around. NWS Mt Holly even put out a Winter Weather Outlook statement, so that is promising for some of this area. Keep those fingers crossed!! :confused:

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have been hearing rumors about another storm, but tonight when I went on the web to start checking the forecast after a long rainy and windy day- I found that they are predicting 4-10" of white gold for us!! It is of course lake effect, but the winds are coming directly off of the lake and the maps so far have the band forming directly over me- and we are located just the right distance to get that 10". This will be interesting!! I will pist pics if we get snow- and of course come back and Rant if we don't! LOL!!

Bill:D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Channel 30 news in conn said mainly snow for us starting sunday possible mixing with or changing to rain south and east of I 84 sunday night.He said it will probably be plowable snow.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
jt5019 said:
Channel 30 news in conn said mainly snow for us starting sunday possible mixing with or changing to rain south and east of I 84 sunday night.He said it will probably be plowable snow.
Brad Field is pretty accurate usually so Ill go with that forecast for now :)

Jay

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Ya beat me to it! But since I went through the resizing already, I'm still posting it LOL. Looks like a bunch of us will get to work again this weekend too. Keep those fingers crossed!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
he's got us listed for another 2 to 4 that we probaly wont get... hope we do though...

·
Registered
866 Posts
Gee Seth- I'm sorry! We're in the 4-8 range, with an additional 6-10" of lake effect called for between tonight and tmo night!

Looks like if this storm hits I'll have a long weekend ahead of me!!!

Not that I'm complaining!

But I jsut had to pick on my buddy Seth- Kick!

LOL!!

Bill:burnout :cash :burnout

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Ouch! Take the steel toes off next time that hurt bill... :eek: Yup i think we go shafted again they were calling for up to 3" last night... bairly got a dusting, probaly going to be the same all through the weekend... :headwall :headwall :headwall :headwall :headwall :headwall Im really curious wtf is going on with the weather around here usually we have gotten atleast a handfull of plowable events by now... guess ill just have to wait longer...

·
Registered
866 Posts
Patience oh great one- patience. It will come to you- I just happen to live in an area where there is only two seasons-

Winter

and

Road Construction!

LOL!

I just ran out and checked in on my commercial accounts- we've got 2" at my house and comeing down pretty hard right now, got down to my accounts(about 3 miles south of me) and just had a dusting with some wind. Oh well- we'll be getting hammered soon enough!!

Bill

·
Registered
866 Posts
Just checked the wether sites- this was posted around 4am

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BUFFALO NY
349 AM EST FRI DEC 12 2003

NYZ006>008-131600-
JEFFERSON-LEWIS-OSWEGO-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF LOWVILLE...OSWEGO AND WATERTOWN
349 AM EST FRI DEC 12 2003

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM THIS MORNING TO 7 AM
EST SATURDAY...

LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL BECOME MORE STEADY THIS MORNING AND ACCUMULATE
1 TO 4 INCHES BY THIS EVENING. THE SNOW WILL CONTINUE TONIGHT AND
ACCUMULATE AN ADDITIONAL 3 TO 6 INCHES...RESULTING IN TOTAL
ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 10 INCHES IN THE MOST PERSISTENT LAKE SNOW
AREAS ACROSS NORTHERN CAYUGA AND WESTERN OSWEGO COUNTIES. TOTAL
ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 5 INCHES ARE EXPECTED ACROSS EASTERN WAYNE
COUNTY.

.SYNOPSIS...
...LAKE EFFECT SNOWS TO CONTINUE EAST OF LAKE ERIE AND LAKE ONTARIO
TODAY AND TONIGHT...

Here we go again!

Bill

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
:argue had to brag about having fun again didnt ya bill! im gonna have to come up there and Steal all your snow if we dont get some soon... lol :burnout

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Director of Comedy
3,084 Posts
Seth your wondering what happened to the weather? Me and Snowplowjay did the snow dance and all the snows down this way LOL

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Prosno said:
Seth your wondering what happened to the weather? Me and Snowplowjay did the snow dance and all the snows down this way LOL

ahhh i wondered what happened... lol you 2 need to stop danceing and share the snow with the rest of us :D :burnout

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Adams Plowing said:
he's got us listed for another 2 to 4 that we probaly wont get... hope we do though...
Im hoping with ya I'm in the 2-4 Also

·
Registered
217 Posts
Bill you and Jay better dance a little, 4+ inches would be nice !

I hate when it's right on 3" which is the trigger for the drives,
wouldn't want anybody upset!

But the sanders will probably get a work out , as it'll be a wet sloppy mess then freeze solid!

Looks like a wait and see weekend. And stay off the SOFT ground!

Bob

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...BERGEN NJ-BRONX NY-EASTERN PASSAIC NJ-ESSEX NJ-HUDSON NJ- KINGS (BROOKLYN) NY-NASSAU NY-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN) NY- NORTHEAST SUFFOLK NY-NORTHERN FAIRFIELD CT-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX CT- NORTHERN NEW HAVEN CT-NORTHERN NEW LONDON CT-NORTHERN WESTCHESTER NY- NORTHWEST SUFFOLK NY-ORANGE NY-PUTNAM NY-QUEENS NY- RICHMOND (STATEN IS.) NY-ROCKLAND NY-SOUTHEAST SUFFOLK NY- SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD CT-SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX CT-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN CT- SOUTHERN NEW LONDON CT-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER NY-SOUTHWEST SUFFOLK NY- UNION NJ-WESTERN PASSAIC NJ- 1036 AM EST FRI DEC 12 2003
ALONG THE COAST... MILDER AIR IS EXPECTED TO MOVE IN ALOFT BY EARLY AFTERNOON SUNDAY... AND THIS SHOULD MIX THE SNOW WITH SLEET AND RAIN. AS INCREASINGLY MILDER AIR MOVES IN FROM OFF THE OCEAN... A CHANGE TO ALL RAIN SEEMS LIKELY BY LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON OR EVENING. THIS RAIN SHOULD BE THE PRIMARY FORM OF PRECIPITATION SUNDAY NIGHT BUT MAY TURN BACK TO ALL SNOW MONDAY BEFORE ENDING AS COLDER AIR RETURNS. FURTHER INLAND... MOST OF THE PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO FALL AS SNOW THROUGH MOST OF SUNDAY AFTERNOON. THE SNOW MAY THEN MIX WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN BY EVENING AS MILDER AIR WORKS IN. A MIXTURE OF SNOW... SLEET... AND FREEZING RAIN... POSSIBLY HEAVY AT TIMES... IS POSSIBLE SUNDAY NIGHT BEFORE A CHANGE TO JUST SNOW OCCURS MONDAY.

This is gonna be one of those storms where the forecasts are all over the place

:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts