Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Metro, have to ask, why do you have stacks of both?

Unless you certified to perform inspections and a Doctor to do exams you shouldnt need either in a blank form. Went through plenty of annual inspections and med exams and never brought my own form.

Just think its making it easier fo Fly By Nights to be legal.

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
The med forms can be printed off the fed site there useless without a medical doctor signing them and putting on file.

The anual Vech inspect sticker and two part record fourm someone or a company sold these to this guy and hes selling them in return, again the shops Cert number has to be on these and the shop maintains a copy on file so if i get called i have to verify i did the inspec for a vech.

I know Jeff knows this but the redbubble boys didnt fall off the beet truck yesterday they can and have called to verify a vech has been inspected.

Its really hard for me this year and Jack because farming season is going into full swing many grain trucks, beet trucks are just not safe for the road and i cant pass them this year with them now going into phase 2 crack down which i knew was coming because of AG trucks and harvest , it wont be pretty for the shops that passed a grain truck with one working axle brake.

Pickle trucks got nailed left and right this summer headed to Valssic plant so iam sure this harvest is gonna be even worse.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The med forms can be printed off the fed site there useless without a medical doctor signing them and putting on file.

The anual Vech inspect sticker and two part record fourm someone or a company sold these to this guy and hes selling them in return, again the shops Cert number has to be on these and the shop maintains a copy on file so if i get called i have to verify i did the inspec for a vech.

I know Jeff knows this but the redbubble boys didnt fall off the beet truck yesterday they can and have called to verify a vech has been inspected.

Its really hard for me this year and Jack because farming season is going into full swing many grain trucks, beet trucks are just not safe for the road and i cant pass them this year with them now going into phase 2 crack down which i knew was coming because of AG trucks and harvest , it wont be pretty for the shops that passed a grain truck with one working axle brake.

Pickle trucks got nailed left and right this summer headed to Valssic plant so iam sure this harvest is gonna be even worse.
Hi Fred
Can any shop perform this inspection? The reason I ask is I go to a local shop for all of my heavy stuff and he tells me he can't perform a DOT inspection on my truck. He didn't say why, problem from my end is I take it to a new guy and he trys to sell me a bunch of stuff for the truck I know I don't need. Any thoughts on this.

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Mike

Myself and Jack has far has i know in Midland are the only Certifed licensed inspectors, Circle K service may but iam not sure. You have to take a test , have Heavy Truck Certs they prefer Master ASE Certifed techs, and then of course the all mighty buck for the right to inspect.

If i knew in advance i would do your inspections it doesnt mean i can let deadline items slide but i will be fair with you, we get 125 bucks for the inspect and sticker.

A member here from your area came up last month got exhust manifold bolts removed and replaced new tires, and a fed inspection on a 2500 6.0 Chev, he stayed at a hotel close by the shop and came back at then end of the day , i did give him a break because of LTS but was still fair to me and the shop and him i think moreso for him he had seen the post on broken bolt removal and just felt more comfortable having it done here, great person and hes bringing another one up for inspection this month, oct.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mike

Myself and Jack has far has i know in Midland are the only Certifed licensed inspectors, Circle K service may but iam not sure. You have to take a test , have Heavy Truck Certs they prefer Master ASE Certifed techs, and then of course the all mighty buck for the right to inspect.

If i knew in advance i would do your inspections it doesnt mean i can let deadline items slide but i will be fair with you, we get 125 bucks for the inspect and sticker.

A member here from your area came up last month got exhust manifold bolts removed and replaced new tires, and a fed inspection on a 2500 6.0 Chev, he stayed at a hotel close by the shop and came back at then end of the day , i did give him a break because of LTS but was still fair to me and the shop and him i think moreso for him he had seen the post on broken bolt removal and just felt more comfortable having it done here, great person and hes bringing another one up for inspection this month, oct.
Hi Fred
Maybe this will work out ok then, I have to go to Boyne City to pick up my liquid deicer and a load of firewood sometime in Oct. We may be able to have you do it on a Friday and when your done I can head north. I will keep this in mind. I am guessing they check all of the safety items like brakes , shocks and front end parts. What else do you guys check?

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To answer your question:

I don't have stacks of them. I get them from the shop that works on my trucks. I have seen many times in posts that guys can't find these forms or their family doctor has no idea what a med. card is. I just pick them up and send them when guys need them.

·
Registered
908 Posts
The problem i see is if the shop doesnt have the forms then more than likely the are not certified to do the inspections.

The motor carrier may perform his or her own inspection. However, if a motor carrier self inspects, the motor carrier must have a qualified person in-house who is certified as per 49 CFR 396.19. Second, a motor carrier may choose to have a commercial garage, fleet leasing company, truck stop, or other similar commercial business perform the inspection as its agent, provided that business operates and maintains facilities appropriate for commercial vehicle inspections and it employs qualified inspectors, as required by 49 CFR 396.19.

If the doctor doesnt have the formd then he probably doesnt know what is involved in a DOT med exam.

From DOT Regs

What information should the Medical Examiner have available to decide if a driver is medically qualified?

Medical Examiners who perform FMCSA medical examinations should understand: (1) Specific physical and mental demands associated with operating a CMV, (2) Physical qualification standards specified by 49 CFR 391.41 (b) (1-13), (3) FMCSA advisory criteria and other criteria prepared by the FMCSA, and (4) FMCSA medical guidelines to assess the CMV driver’s medical condition.

Are there duties related to the FMCSA medical certification?

No, the FMCSA does not have duties. The Medical Examiner is required to know the FMCSA driver physical qualification standards, medical guidelines, and advisory criteria. The examiner should understand the mental and physical demands of operating a CMV.

Still think its a way to make it easier for guys to try and get around being fully legit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts