Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a new set my night saber 2's, I'm trying to figure out how to make the truck lights stay on when the plow lights are on. Sort of like the sno-way 4 sight system. I just cant find a diagram of the night sabers modules thats tells me exactly which wire is the headlight cutoff lead. Any ideas?????

·
Tileman's Boys
1,094 Posts
The best idea i have is that is illegal for road driving and it will burn out the modules you would be better off to put a dual burn kit in so when you kick on the high beams the low beams stay on also

·
Registered
103 Posts
MY Question would be this ? ..... in a plastic head lighted system, where the reflector is not glass : WOULD the reflector or even all parts withstand the extra heat generated by dual elements burning ..... this was a problem in the early all Plastic head light systems, where guys put in PIA's or Bosch/Hella bulbs as in the 100/120w types
It actually distorted the reflectors or even a total melt down !
TOO Rich for my pocket book for an OOOOOOppppppss .....:(

I have looked in to the after market world to buy Dual Bulb head lites, but so far only the bullet type are available, and have had feed back that the blue color Sucks, kinda hard on the eyes after a long time exposer, like you have been in a white out all night ..... :eek:

·
Tileman's Boys
1,094 Posts
MY Question would be this ? ..... in a plastic head lighted system, where the reflector is not glass : WOULD the reflector or even all parts withstand the extra heat generated by dual elements burning ..... this was a problem in the early all Plastic head light systems, where guys put in PIA's or Bosch/Hella bulbs as in the 100/120w types
It actually distorted the reflectors or even a total melt down !
TOO Rich for my pocket book for an OOOOOOppppppss .....:(

I have looked in to the after market world to buy Dual Bulb head lites, but so far only the bullet type are available, and have had feed back that the blue color Sucks, kinda hard on the eyes after a long time exposer, like you have been in a white out all night ..... :eek:
It works perfect in the night saber 2s as long as they dont have upgraded bulbs and you dont sit around for extended periods of time with the headlights on dual

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It works perfect in the night saber 2s as long as they dont have upgraded bulbs and you dont sit around for extended periods of time with the headlights on dual
My night saber 2 all stock bulbs. I'm just trying to get some extra light output. Where would I find a dual burn kit for them, I'm looked at a couple places but no luck.

·
Tileman's Boys
1,094 Posts
what model truck do you have? and you can make your own pretty easy with a simple relay and a little wire and some connectors search here for info on dual burn kits and dual burn headlamps its been gone over before im sure of it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what model truck do you have? and you can make your own pretty easy with a simple relay and a little wire and some connectors search here for info on dual burn kits and dual burn headlamps its been gone over before im sure of it
Its an 05 dodge 2500. Ill do some looking around on the forums and see what I can dig up. Thanks

·
Registered
748 Posts
I ran dual burn on my Intensifires. It was fantastic. I also had dual burn on the truck side. I dumped the DD isolation modules and used relays. Just getting rid of the miles of puny wiring from the DD harness was a huge improvement. Switchable dual burn was icing on the cake....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts