Snowplow Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Why?
It’s part of the Quill that has been used for decades on Western power units regardless if they were operated by cable or by wire.

Any western dealer will have a replacement quill or a ball bearing of the correct size.

Fyi
I meant in finding his missing part...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Just a quick up date on my old plow. Got 12" of snow the other day plow worked good but is slow going up and drops quick. My lift valve setting are rusted up and I can not turn it I am trying to free it up. Other than that it worked pretty good.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Just a quick up date on my old plow. Got 12" of snow the other day plow worked good but is slow going up and drops quick. My lift valve setting are rusted up and I can not turn it I am trying to free it up. Other than that it worked pretty good.
you might also want to check the associated check valve too in this process.

page 32 is the page you need. It is possible that both the lift valve and the check valve might need adjustmen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What you took apart was the check valve directly opposite the lift valve. You can buy a new check valve assembly, as I did a couple of years ago, plus replace the o-ring under the jam nut. You said plow drops too quickly - adjustment procedure for drop speed is on page 4-7, top of page, right side of page, in the PDF manual that I attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Billy John thank you for posting the manual. My problem is my lift valve adjustment is rusted up and I have not had much of a chance to get at it.i should have time this weekend.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts