Snowplow Forums banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you are looking at the truck from the front the overflow is at the top right hand side of the pump under the motor
A cable operated western pump does not have a "level" plug.
There is a fill plug, on the passenger side that uses a 7/16 open end wrench, if it's still factory.
The manual stated fill with fluid to the bottom of the fill hole. Approx 2 1/2 quarts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
That may make sense and may be my problem. But I have had it out before with no problem.i will look tomorrow afternoon when I get back.and would this valve cause my problem and how do I fix it thanks tux

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
OK so I am thinking there should be a ball bearing at the bottom of the spring this must have flew out with the spring find the ball bearing and I am good to go am I correct?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Trying to load a file. Well I got part of an exploded view for you. I will look in the morning, I think I have an old unit in the shed, if it is there I will pull that part out and take a few pics of it and post them.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thanks to everyone that took the time to look up info for me. I think I must have lost the ball bearing at the bottom of the spring. I am going out today to see if I can find it I was thinking of using a magnet to find it. If I don't find it may have to go to the dealer for a check valve.i will post latter today thanks againTux

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Thanks to everyone that took the time to look up info for me. I think I must have lost the ball bearing at the bottom of the spring. I am going out today to see if I can find it I was thinking of using a magnet to find it. If I don't find it may have to go to the dealer for a check valve.i will post latter today thanks againTux
Best of luck in that quest...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Best of luck in that quest...
Why?
It’s part of the Quill that has been used for decades on Western power units regardless if they were operated by cable or by wire.

Any western dealer will have a replacement quill or a ball bearing of the correct size.

Fyi

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ps
Anyone can throw a manual at somebody and say here you go.

Experience and Knowledge go a lot further than looking up a link to a Manuel....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Well no luck finding the ball bearing so I will go to the dealer on Monday for a check valve. I don't think I can get just a ball bearing.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts