Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I have a 800A Scout that already has a snow plow mounted on it. The present blade is a Hydraulic lift only with a manual angle setting. The lift is accomplished by a hand value. My old blade is a 6 foot width and my new one is 6" wider. Was excellent CL find for $150. This added width is desired so when the blade is angled and I am plowing in 1 1/2 feet or more of snow I do not rub the side of the vehicle. My hydraulics is a Jeep pump that used 15 weight motor oil. The pump is mounted on the side of my inside engine panel and is belt driven off of the Alternator pulley. The existing plow works GREAT and I have had it for I guess 25 years. The Scout is only used for plowing and summer work at my farm, never on the road. I do plow my complete two Track with the driveway which would be about 2 1/2 miles, that's going around twice. I have no trouble plowing the snow unless I get to greedy. Moving a snow ball 2 feet over the hood is a no no, looks neat though! So I picked up this new blade with the two angle single acting cylinders mounted in it. I will be doing some minor retrofitting moving the hook up pins out about 1 1/2". I want to get the power by teeing off the power and return lines at the pump. I am looking to add another hand valve for the angle. Who can help me with the correct valve to add with I am assuming 1/4 N.P.T. fittings? I would not mind a dual valve set just so it is more handy and my existing valve which
requires actuating levers. Thank You who ever can help me. I am located at the bottom of Lake Huron on our side 6 miles off the lake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love that Fisher set up. That would be the cats axx for me. Is there any other manufactures of this type of system?. I would have to make sure it works with a constant flow HPU. Does anybody think there is any value on the front plow lights that are pictured on my Scout? I already have them removed, I do not plow enough to justify the looks of them. I Thank You for your responses, Ron.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I love that Fisher set up. That would be the cats axx for me. Is there any other manufactures of this type of system?. I would have to make sure it works with a constant flow HPU. Does anybody think there is any value on the front plow lights that are pictured on my Scout? I already have them removed, I do not plow enough to justify the looks of them. I Thank You for your responses, Ron.
At one point everyone made a system with an under the hood pump system. Storks.com would be the best to ask technical questions about set up and installation for this unit. The unit works with 2gpm max at 4,000psi. So, if your pump meets those specs it will work.

As for the lights there is value. i just don’t know how much or if you want to get rid of them. In a big storm you might need plow early in the morning or later at night.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, they are no use to me. The snow plow is for the hunting acreage so even when we get dumped on it is the following day or two for plowing. I just need to get a boat can holder, to rough have a open beer can while plowing. Finding what the HPU pump outflows may be a problem, I will have to see if I can find a number.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
No, they are no use to me. The snow plow is for the hunting acreage so even when we get dumped on it is the following day or two for plowing. I just need to get a boat can holder, to rough have a open beer can while plowing. Finding what the HPU pump outflows may be a problem, I will have to see if I can find a number.
Okay, sell them. i doubt you will get much more than $100.00 for them.

well, if get a graduated bucket like this one and use the stop watch function on a phone you can find out gpm within a good percentage of error.

just disconnect the output line of the pump run for one minute and see how much you fill the bucket.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everybody, I have a 800A Scout that already has a snow plow mounted on it. The present blade is a Hydraulic lift only with a manual angle setting. The lift is accomplished by a hand value. My old blade is a 6 foot width and my new one is 6" wider. Was excellent CL find for $150. This added width is desired so when the blade is angled and I am plowing in 1 1/2 feet or more of snow I do not rub the side of the vehicle. My hydraulics is a Jeep pump that used 15 weight motor oil. The pump is mounted on the side of my inside engine panel and is belt driven off of the Alternator pulley. The existing plow works GREAT and I have had it for I guess 25 years. The Scout is only used for plowing and summer work at my farm, never on the road. I do plow my complete two Track with the driveway which would be about 2 1/2 miles, that's going around twice. I have no trouble plowing the snow unless I get to greedy. Moving a snow ball 2 feet over the hood is a no no, looks neat though! So I picked up this new blade with the two angle single acting cylinders mounted in it. I will be doing some minor retrofitting moving the hook up pins out about 1 1/2". I want to get the power by teeing off the power and return lines at the pump. I am looking to add another hand valve for the angle. Who can help me with the correct valve to add with I am assuming 1/4 N.P.T. fittings? I would not mind a dual valve set just so it is more handy and my existing valve which View attachment 30839 View attachment 30840 requires actuating levers. Thank You who ever can help me. I am located at the bottom of Lake Huron on our side 6 miles off the lake.
Hello everybody, I have a 800A Scout that already has a snow plow mounted on it. The present blade is a Hydraulic lift only with a manual angle setting. The lift is accomplished by a hand value. My old blade is a 6 foot width and my new one is 6" wider. Was excellent CL find for $150. This added width is desired so when the blade is angled and I am plowing in 1 1/2 feet or more of snow I do not rub the side of the vehicle. My hydraulics is a Jeep pump that used 15 weight motor oil. The pump is mounted on the side of my inside engine panel and is belt driven off of the Alternator pulley. The existing plow works GREAT and I have had it for I guess 25 years. The Scout is only used for plowing and summer work at my farm, never on the road. I do plow my complete two Track with the driveway which would be about 2 1/2 miles, that's going around twice. I have no trouble plowing the snow unless I get to greedy. Moving a snow ball 2 feet over the hood is a no no, looks neat though! So I picked up this new blade with the two angle single acting cylinders mounted in it. I will be doing some minor retrofitting moving the hook up pins out about 1 1/2". I want to get the power by teeing off the power and return lines at the pump. I am looking to add another hand valve for the angle. Who can help me with the correct valve to add with I am assuming 1/4 N.P.T. fittings? I would not mind a dual valve set just so it is more handy and my existing valve which View attachment 30839 View attachment 30840 requires actuating levers. Thank You who ever can help me. I am located at the bottom of Lake Huron on our side 6 miles off the lake.
Any chance you have a hydraulic Co. next to you? They could help you out.
It’s a neat looking Scout!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i did the same thing over 30 yrs ago on a 54 willys pick up. i used a spool valve from a hydraulic lift gate. got at a junk yard for next to nothing. ran two control rods into the cab with kitchen cabinet knobs on the end. one rod up and down, the other left and right. my up/down piston was double action, and for tilt i used one double action piston. your existing piston is single action, on down it just dumps to the tank. would be easier to replace the up piston to double action than do a big plumbing job. in the summer, the plow came off, and i made a boom for the front . very handy to lift heavy stuff. truck junkyards are full of pistons. garbage trucks, forklifts. etc. a piston is a piston

1 - 11 of 11 Posts