Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Ok here goes. I have an 05 Tacoma Dble Cab, V6, 5' box with cap. Should I put a plow on this and if so which one? Mainly for home use, maybe a couple other driveways near by. My driveway is 600' long, down hill from house, but very steap and up hill from road. It looks like the 22 7'6" Sno-way with down pressure should be the best fit? Opions? I've also looked at several F250's to trade the Toyota in on. Best Deal I found is for an 02 F250 XL with Fisher plow setup, 78,000 miles. Very good condition. What would you suggest. Spend $4000 on sno-way or trade in for the F250, spend lots extra in gas!!! Thanks.

·
Registered
940 Posts
definitely stick with the toyota unless you need the hauling power of the F250. The toyota is a plenty capable rig, its very nimble in driveways. The F250 will push a little more, but 99/100 times the toyota will do the same job. The toyota will burn half of the what the F250 will while plowing (or regular driving for that matter)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New Sno-Way installed yesterday on the 05 Tacoma....plow works great...love the remote...truck sits fine with the plow up...but plan to add about 200lbs in the bed of my truck...5 gallon pails of sand, qty??? We'll see. Happy so far...more to come Saturday & Sunday!

·
Registered
940 Posts
New Sno-Way installed yesterday on the 05 Tacoma....plow works great...love the remote...truck sits fine with the plow up...but plan to add about 200lbs in the bed of my truck...5 gallon pails of sand, qty??? We'll see. Happy so far...more to come Saturday & Sunday!
if you use sand make sure you buy dried play sand from a HD or lowes equivalent. otherwise you're going to have 5 gallon frozen sand blocks if you need to use them for spreading or traction.

I fill 5gal buckets with Magic Salt, works great. I think each bucket weighs in about 45-55lbs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts