Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this for a friend, he might be on and explain it himself, but I figured he'd I'd get your wheels turning:beatsme
His ABS light came on, then when he shut the truck off, restarted, it stayed out for a bit. This started about a month and a half ago. Slowly, it started coming on sooner when the truck was started. When it snowed here last weekend, he wanted to see what it was, and he hit the brakes on packed snow, and one front wheel would lock up, and one back wheel would lockup, turning the truck diagonally. Any ideas guys? I am thinking something in the comp that distributes braking power.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Gotta check it for codes first.If the light was on,there should be codes stored.

Front wheel sensors are bad for getting rust build up underneath,lifting the sensor away from the tone wheel.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are the sensors at? Is there another way to check the codes on these trucks without getting out the fancy code reader? Do you just check for rust in between or what? Thanks

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Codes are retrieved via the OBDII data link and the correct scanner.Don't think you can get them out manually on the newer trucks.I will check the manual and see tommorow at work.

The wheel sensors are in the wheel bearing\hub,and can be carefully removed and cleaned up.Use a end of a small flat bastard file to file the mounting surface clean,and apply liberal amounts of wheel bearing grease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts