Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we did get snow today... or we are getting snow. So far we got about 5" and it's still coming down. We got done with our run to open things up, and gladly, nothing went wrong. It took us a while, but we are getting it together. I told my brother last night, that last night was like Christmas Eve- We would wake up in the morning, see what "Santa" brought us, and then go play with our new toys:D Anyway, here is a pic of the Ram in our first lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the 80 Chev.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Damm, I cant wait anymore longer!!!I think im going to drive up there and plow for fun!!!:D Just kidden! I cant wait till it snows!:grinz

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chevy Guy- You can come up and relieve me-we just went to open them up, and shovel small paths in the sidewalks, so we figured we wouldn't need the snowblower-BIG MISTAKE:rolleyes: We got to the residentials, and the sidewalks were all drivted to about 2-2.5 ft:( And guess who got to shovel:scramble Me:nodd Needless to say, I'm a little tired, but I'll gladly go clean up after the storm:D :D

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Truck and plow look good together. :cool: Looks like you got to go have a good time while we all sat here, lol! Glad you had fun and Im glad the truck and plow worked well for you without any problems. Thanks for the pictures, post more if you have any! Mike :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nice looking trucks, Glad to see you your getting to play and not having any problems.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Your out having fun and making money. I started closing my pool today and of coarse nothing went right. I hope to have it closed in a couple days. Nohurry here the weather feels like summer.:(

Ray

·
Registered
372 Posts
I noticed your from Buffalo...

MN that is...
It was 70 here in Buffalo NY today & they predict 1-3 tomarrow.
What the heck is going on....

:geez

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Just in for a break from the same storm.. been going more or less since 8AM... ROUND TWO!!! *ding-ding* Sorry I don't have any pics- time for weather- seeya later!!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thanks Ray, that reminds me I have to finish closing my pool up also.:headwall

·
Registered
866 Posts
You're kiddign right Joe!? You've already plowed once and you haven't closed your pool yet? Have you used it in this lovely weather we've had lately? LOL!

Bill

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Well Matt, it looks like you are getting a perfect opportunity to test out the new truck and new Blizzard plow. You do realize that we expect a full report of how they both performed as soon as you get to make up that lost sleep... :cash

The bank will be glad to see you, bringing all that cash in!

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Crimedog

You are making all of us jealous with that snow .

(closing the pool )THis is the time of year when the hot tub starts to get more use

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
well, I have been trying to cut myself loose from the guy I have subbed for, but his MVP blew an angle cylinder at 1AM. So I had to finish my (newly expanded) route AND HIS route!!!!

It's 5 'til 7AM... started yesterday at 8... AM time for SLEEPY!!!!! Good Night All- I'll seeya bout noon.

BTW- Pro-Plus worked great- don't know how I ever made it with a 7'-6"!!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
How about sending some of that snow east... were getting bored over here...:burnout

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Aftermath...

Well, here is the results of the last storm. The trucks and plows held up fine on Sun. and last night. We got out this morning, and at about 5AM, the 80 Chevy blows a brake line. Ok, we still have the Dodge w/Blizzard. At about 7:30, My brother says, " Does the plow seem to be moving slower"? Sure enough, there is a long blue trail of hydro oil:rolleyes: We get back to the shop (I've got to go to school anyway), and it turns out the angle fitting for the wing is leaking from inside the fitting itself. So, my dad and bro refill it with fluid, and leave the wing in. I got back from hockey after school and they tell me somebody hit my truck. I thought he was joking, but he showed me her name and insurance info. I went out to look at my truck, and sure enough, there is a 1.5-2" wide scrape the length of the bumper(nice shiny, chrome, 2" drop syle). It isn't nice and shiny anymore:headwall All they are doing is snickering about how my truck that I am paying for, that my Dad is using to make 100+ per hour with, got hit:evil Needless to say, I am really pi##ed right now. It isn't worth the deductible, so I just have to live with it:fuming Oh well, next time I drive his truck, I won't be so careful:evil :D On a semi-positive note, the van that hit it has no bumper, fender, or working door, and I have a bumper that is ben in a little, and scratched up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I couldnt even imagine!:headwall Hope you have better luck next time!

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
Those MVP angle cyl are not cheap. I blew one years ago about 200.00 for an new one.
If your truck was hit by someone else shouldnt they have to pay for the bumper.
Dino

1 - 20 of 35 Posts