Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gary Gray finally posted again, and he is hinting that winter may be finally coming back. That's good to hear since it is really winter now :rolleyes: My local NWS office has also mentioned that normal or below normal temps are on tap in the medium - long range forecasts, along with a couple of potential Alberta Clipper type storms. Those are my favorites, well OK the 16" storms are kinda fun too LOL :cash.

A toast :drinkup for lots of plowing! & salting for the New Year for everyone!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yea , I checked into Gary's site yesterday also.

Looks like things are a changing.
On tap for tonight, possible light snow / freezing rain into the morning .

Still early in the year,lots of time left. Heck our 3rd heavyest year
of snow didn't start till mid Jan then it snowed till mid/late March.

That was 93-94 with 80 or so inches!:D
It seemed like it snowed every Wed and Sat that year!

I'll see if I can round up ProSno and SnowplowJay and get them dancing!
:zoom :zoom :zoom :zoom :zoom

:notworthy

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
its coming

This week is gonna be a complete turn around temps for tuesday are highs of 10 and lows of +2 and the snow is there, we have had almost two inches of rain in the last week my gosh figure that out in snow man are we getting it

·
Registered
243 Posts
OK So now I have a question

Does anybody else remember reports that we were going to be in for a snowyer winter then last year.

I thought our local papers or news was saying it.
I actually went out in august to start shopping for a replacement blower for my snapper 10/30 that was about 25 years old because I thought it was going to be a bad year.

I ended up getting a nice blower (troy built) but We have only had 2 plowable storms this season.And the more I think of it while I was at lowes picking mine up there had to be another 5 people asking me why I purchased the one I did and trying to get one for them selfs.

Am I the only one who thought we were in for some major snow?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
The things I read mostly said it would be a slightly above average winter some even predicted a slightly below normal year (at least around here) . I actually never read anything that said it would be more than last year (which was 80% above normal here) but we still have a long way to go, so don't lose hope yet.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
BWAMX said:

I'll see if I can round up ProSno and SnowplowJay and get them dancing!
:zoom :zoom :zoom :zoom :zoom

:notworthy

Me and Billy are dancing soooooooooo much praying for snow that now the Ford 2120 and Erskine look to be on fire. ( check out that thread if you dont get it :))

Jay

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey guys,

Its good to hear from you all again. Hope the snow is coming!!! We need some white stuff.:D

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
Hey Mike,

I'm glad to see you finally made it over here.

:D

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Does anybody else remember reports that we were going to be in for a snowyer winter then last year. "

None of the 3 or 4 seasonal forecasts for this upcoming winter that I read that covered your area as well said that. They all predicted above average, but probably not as much above average as last winter. They all basically said periods of cold weather with periods of warm weather. Now we just have to hope for the moisture to continue when the cold periods come through.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts