Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 99' 2500 Dodge coming in this afternoon and it's blowing wiper fuses,instantly,obviously a short somewere but you guys have any ideas as to what to check first so i'm not wasting time?

·
Registered
610 Posts
unplug the motor replace the fuse
if it doesnt blow the motor is the problem
john

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you John,as it turns out that truck is coming tomorrow so that's the first thing i'll try.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If after unhooking motor it still blows fuse! Find line side of fuse put a wire on it! On load side of put wire on it! Put a 12 volt bulb on these to wires! If the bulb lights full (dead short) move wires till light gos out! This will save you fuses!

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Those first two responses are exactly where I would start.I use an old headlight across the fuse terminals,and hang it from the rearview so you can see it.Then start wiggling wires,and disconnecting components until the light goes out,or very dim.

If your still stuck,call me at the shop tommorow.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unhooked the motor and the fuse don't blow,pulled the motor and called around,i'm being told this is a dealer item,I'm guessing thats correct?Anybody have a $$$guess?

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Dealer retail $208.00

Garage wholesale $173.00

Prices are CDN,so i would assume it's about 30% cheaper in the US.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$105.00,comes as a complete unit only,motor,circuit board AND connecting arms:rolleyes: ,oh well,what are ya gonna do?Anyways,the parts are in route as we speak,Thanks for the help fellas,you saved me a ton of time:)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Slapped her in and good as new,dealer said he sold 5 of them this week alone,he said ice and snow get underneath the plastic cowl and build up around the motor.Thanks again for the help guys:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts