Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mrs. SIPLOWGUY's Jeep got broadsided yesterday and would not start after the impact. It has no fuel pressure at the rail. I know Ford has an inertia switch. Does Jeep use one or something similar?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Mrs. SIPLOWGUY's Jeep got broadsided yesterday and would not start after the impact. It has no fuel pressure at the rail. I know Ford has an inertia switch. Does Jeep use one or something similar?
No. controlled by rpm sensors and computer.

Anything could have happened from killing the fuel pump itself to a knocked off wire to a relay or computer damage internally.
Or as simple as a popped fuel pump fuse.

I hope she is ok...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info and concern Mike. Actually SIPLOWGUY jr. was driving. An ambulance ran a stop sign with NO lights and siren on. The impact was primarilly on the rr door. The ambulance was an 09 Chevy with a low bumper. The floor is bent and the truck is "bowed". It now has no fuel pressure. I'll check it out. I know it is totalled but if it runs it will make life easier moving it around. Shame too, we got it in 99 with 20,000 miles. It now has 80,000 and still is (was) in great shape. I was planning on getting the Mrs a 300 and giving jr the Jeep. For now the Tahoe will substitute and I'll use the F350 until we settle with the insurance and get a new car. It's been a great vehicle and I always found it to perform better in the snow than on dry pavement.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never got that Jeep running. It's gone now. It was a total loss. Mrs. SIPLOWGUY got a new 300C AWD, I sold the F350 and got a Silverado 1500. I bought an 01 Cherokee Classic for Jr but he has been afraid to drive. Hoping to get him behind the wheel before College starts. I'm having an issue with the Cherokee and will post.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I never got that Jeep running. It's gone now. It was a total loss. Mrs. SIPLOWGUY got a new 300C AWD, I sold the F350 and got a Silverado 1500. I bought an 01 Cherokee Classic for Jr but he has been afraid to drive. Hoping to get him behind the wheel before College starts. I'm having an issue with the Cherokee and will post.
You have got to get him driving again. The accident wasn't his fault.
This can affect the rest of his life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts