Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plow "twitches" when no buttons are being pushed on the controller. Also it does not respond when I push buttons on the controller. Plow is a 2014-2015 model on a Ram 3500 4X4.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the controller. Try to find a loaner controller and then move on from there.
I have a few calls out to try and find a loaner now. No luck yet.
Is there a way to use a volt meter on a controller to tell if its bad? Controller powers up and even goes into float mode as it should.

Also, I have checked all connections on the harness including all the pins to each connector and relays. Nothing seems to be abnormal.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Yes,
Find the pos pin in the plug
Then use the ohm setting to see if the button completes the circuit,

I don’t have the schematic in front of me
But it can be found at your mags web site

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So after messing with this thing for a couple more hours... The 2 large pins in the connector at the bumper had gotten squeezed together and didn't make a perfect connection. However, now when the plow controller is turned on the plow doesn't move erratically but the controllers red light flashes quickly as if asking for a password. Only owner of this plow and never set a passcode, not sure if this could also have another meaning/cause.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I order a new plow side module and it just arrived this afternoon. I will be installing it tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts