Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a fairly decent snowfall yesterday and into this morning. I went out plowing last night with no problems. I went out about 12:30 this morning to let the truck warm up, but 20 min. later the temp guage had still not made it to "Normal". I fugured it would warm up eventually, but the guage stayed there all morning. I almost froze due to the heater only putting out luke warm air.

A couple of different times, I stopped and felt the radiator and both hoses. Lower radiator hose was warm to the touch, (not hot, just warm). Upper hose and radiator were not even warm. The only way I could get the temp guage to come up any was to go down the highway with the blade all the way up, but even then, the neddle barely made it to the "N" of Normal.

I am thinking the thermostat is stuck open. Anybody else have any other suggestions?

Andy

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Try a thermostat first,as it sounds like the culprit.Be careful with the housing bolts,they like to sieze.

·
Registered
610 Posts
be real carefull removing the thermostat bolts
they have a tendecy to break

on the bottom bolt its easier to mark and turn the distributor
to give more working room

or you can pay the man and disregard this post
john

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got around to changing the thermostat on Thursday. Temp guage started working normally, but still luke warm heat. Picked up a heater core and got that installed on Friday night.
I know have heat again.:rockon

Thanks

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts