Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the present time I will be using my Ultra Mount plow off road on my land and in the daylight hours. That being said, must I connect the # 2,3 & 4 harnesses to the Isolation Module or to the lighting circuits. Will I be able to operate the plow up and down and left and right?
I can leave the harnesses connected to the module and wrap them up and place them in a safe place under the hood. I will connect these harnesses later in the year. I plan on covering the open ports if I remove the harnesses until later.

·
Registered
495 Posts
You will need to connect ports 1 & 2 at a minimum. #2 is the 11 pin lighting connector which, even though you don't intend to use lights, needs to be connected and plugged into the plow to turn the controller on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does that mean that I have to connect the harness to the lights as well as the module?

·
Registered
495 Posts
If you mean the lights on the plow, yes. If you mean the lights on the truck, no. But obviously in either case the lights on the plow won't actually do anything if you don't connect the truck lights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK Thanks I will head up to the barn and try that hook up, I will let all know how I made out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I plugged in the pump motor plug, the 3 pin harness, and the 11 pin harness. The 11 pin harness was also connected to 3 pin harness with the single wire connector. The 3 pin wire was connected to the control and the single red wire was connected to wire off of the battery. The other wires were connected to the solenoid.
When I connected the single red wire the control push buttons lite up. I pressed all the buttons but nothing would work.
I jumped the two hot terminals on the solenoid and the plow turned right. I did not jump the solenoid anymore.
I guess I will have to send the harnesses and module and control out for someone to test it. I Think I will call MC Green in WI, on Monday.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK I sent my control out for repair and found out that it was bad. They repaired it and I am waiting for the control to be returned. The repairer told me that if I don't want to use the headlights and turn signals that I can leave the isolation module off of the truck. And just hook up the motor pump wiring and the control wiring.
So now I will wait for the control to be returned and then hook it up.

·
Registered
495 Posts
That won't work unless you do a fair amount of hacking on the control harness since the controller gets power from the module. But if you are comfortable with that, it is doable

1 - 8 of 8 Posts