Snowplow Forums banner

3000 series plow quit working

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  stan mi 
#1 ·
Plow will not do anything. Driving lights and blinkers work but no power to the plow. No light on the touch pad. I have not really looked at anything yet. Hoping someone here has a quick fix.

Didn't want to jump on a similar post, looks like I'm not the only one on the back up today.

#2 ·
Just to complete the thread in case anyone does a search.

Plow would not do anything. No up, down, left or right not even a light on the touch pad. 10 amp in line (automotive) fuse had blown. I would imagine on most installs this would be an under dash somewhere fuse. Replacement cost is about .80¢ a hole lot more if the dealer does the diagnosis.

#3 ·
Two snows and several driveways later. I have poped this fuse three times now. The wire never feels hot. There doesn't seem to be a pattern as to what makes it pop. Any thoughts ??

I did not change the hydraulic fluid this year, could that be it ??

#4 ·
did you check the pump area out yet, in the day light? Take off the cover and make shure the ground is good. check all the wires inside the covered area. Then check if motor relay working correctly? It's a pretty simple unit.
Just try and troubleshoot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.